• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Just installed the Volquartsen Accurizing Kit and reassembled, and can't move the bolt. First time reassembling a MK III 22/45 and that bolt will not open. What could I have done wrong? Thanks...

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    The connector bar for the trigger spring isn't in the correct spot. It's tricky to get it on the first try. Do you have a mag disconnect installed?

CSHS

Apr 21, 2015
    Like to hear a review of the accurizing kit once you've fired it. Did the kit include a bushing like this one from TandemKross?

Untitled.jpg

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Like to hear a review of the accurizing kit once you've fired it. Did the kit include a bushing like this one from TandemKross?

View attachment 267832

Yes, the kit did include a hammer bushing to replace the mag disconnect. I ordered straight from Volquartsen (and delivery was fast)

I'm very happy with it. If you're looking for a light and perfect trigger-pull, this is it. I don't have a gauge, but it is probably 2.5 pounds as advertised.
    For comparison, I have an old MK III with an excellent stock trigger, and a Browning Challenger II which is even better, but now first place goes to my 22/45 with the Volquartsen Accurizing Kit.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I have a pair of 22/45 MK-IIIs, with mostly Tandemkross stuff, the exception being the VQ sear, both have near identical trigger pulls, crisp and clean at 3# or a skosh less (maybe less, like 2.7 or so). They are accurate and reliable (mostly, Kristi's green one has an occasional FTF. I felt a friends MKIII with a Clark trigger, it was slightly nicer, I thought.
    They will trick and test you while building them, but once finished, they tend to be fine. I left the LCI in mine, just because. It works and causes no problems.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Did the VQ kit on my MK4 22/45 lite, the sear and connector bar setup is a little tricky, especially being the replacement sear /hammer alone replaces those 3 other parts. The results are great, went from a creepy 5.5# single stage trigger to a crisp 6oz/2lb 2 stage, easy to take out most of the reset/overtravel distance, and can practically eliminate the 1st takeup stage, but I kinda like the 2 stage feel, probably the best trigger in ANY 22 pistol I have felt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom