• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I'm looking at upgrading my .308 with an aluminun chassis like the TAC21 offered by Brownells. Wondering if anyone has done so or if another chassis has been used that is available out there. Comments on before and after results of upgrade as it relates to accuracy and feel are welcome. Brownell lists their TAC21 kit for $799.00 so if you know of a better bargain please do recommend.

HUMONGO

Jan 23, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    I loooooove the look of the Tac-21. Planned to get it but it was out of stock for forever.

Glad it was. A lot of negative reviews from Snipers Hide and other sites. Several of the complaints were consistent in that there was no repeatability in shots, poor ergonomics, the screw inserts stripping out....

AI has an amazing reputation. I ended up with a B&C M40. Love it. Not trying to crap on your dreams, just trying to help you out.

SoM3 Idi0t

Feb 19, 2012
    Glen Burnie, Hon
    I just recently purchased a XLR Chassis. I was looking for sometype of DBM. I was going to get a JAE Chassis but after finding out how expensive they were and the 12month waiting list, I started looking for something else.
    That when I found XLR Industries. It was only a 8 week lead time.
    I very impressed with it. Im hope to shoot it in the next couple of weeks.
    Heres a picture
    xlrevo_zps882333d4.jpg

XLR Evolution Chassis, (4) 10 Round .308 Accuracy International Magazines, Accu Shot MonoPod, Palm Shelf Pistol Grip, Grizzly Gunworks Defcon 1 Muzzle, Badger Ordnance 30mm Scope Rings, Badger Ordnance Scope Base, Badger Ordnance Angle Cosine Indicator

chupacabra

Dec 21, 2012
    Manners mini chassis available for BDL or DBM.

Some of the cons I see with the AR type style chassis are not being able to use a scope base that extends out past the front of the action because of the round handguard gets in the way, or as in the case of the tac 21 the scope is mounted considerably higher in relation to the bore as opposed to a base screwed to the action.

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    I just recently purchased a XLR Chassis. I was looking for sometype of DBM. I was going to get a JAE Chassis but after finding out how expensive they were and the 12month waiting list, I started looking for something else.
    Heres a picture
    xlrevo_zps882333d4.jpg

XLR Evolution Chassis, (4) 10 Round .308 Accuracy International Magazines, Accu Shot MonoPod, Palm Shelf Pistol Grip, Grizzly Gunworks Defcon 1 Muzzle, Badger Ordnance 30mm Scope Rings, Badger Ordnance Scope Base, Badger Ordnance Angle Cosine Indicator

Wow, beautiful setup.. very jealous!

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Heres a picture
    xlrevo_zps882333d4.jpg

Lovely! Just ordered my XLR Carbon... 8 weeks! Ugh! What height rings are those?

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Many folks will disagree but I think the best "chassis" is a simple McMillan stock. They don't turn an otherwise nice handling rifle into a club with a bunch of stuff hanging off it. But then again I'm old and not all that tactical.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    XLR is the way to go, IMHO. Kyle (from XLR) is the man. Their customer service is out of this world.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    SOM3, that rifle looks nice but appears to ride awfully high. How does it handle when prone?

I like my McRees Precision folder so far but won't be competing with it until after 2012. Price was competitive with the XLR but the package deal for the tan model included some goodies which sealed the deal. With a pending move and the new laws coming here I've moved all firearms but my HD shotty out of state so I'm just a spectator now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom