• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alib94

Jan 20, 2019
    Hello shooters

I have been wanting to join a competition or something but i have no idea where to go to start or what to look for!?

Can some one point me to the right direction?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    what guns do you have and what do you want to play with?

i'd look for some matches listed here and go and check a few out to see what may interest you. do you want to stand still and shoot, run around and shoot, one or multiple guns? you can also search for youtubes on uspsa, idpa, 3 gun, precision rifle series, cowboy action, steel challenge, f class, to see what you might like.

Alib94

Jan 20, 2019
    Whatever is out there,

Preferably handgun shooting

what guns do you have and what do you want to play with?

i'd look for some matches listed here and go and check a few out to see what may interest you. do you want to stand still and shoot, run around and shoot, one or multiple guns? you can also search for youtubes on uspsa, idpa, 3 gun, precision rifle series, cowboy action, steel challenge, f class, to see what you might like.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    There's idpa, uspsa, bullseye, steel challenge, gssf. Probably a ton more that aren't so popular.

Where are you? Do you want to focus on accuracy or speed? Standing still or moving?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    @blacksmith101 What is this competition?

Go to the link and read. It is training and will get you familiar with shooting on a line and they have rankings based on scores. They have several different programs with different skill levels to introduce people to precision shooting.

Do you want to shoot Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun, Muzzle loader, etc.? There are hundreds of different competitions with different equipment requirements and activities. To list them all would be impossible. So help us help you.

How much experience in shooting have you?

What types of guns do you shoot?

What do you like to do when you shoot?

Alib94

Jan 20, 2019
    I would say handgun,

And not sure what type or what kind,

But something to begin would be nice

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Good list of links above .

AND , most Gun Clubs will have a wide variety of Club Matches , of variety of formats . Usually not sanctioned , but great fun, and great introduction to multiple disciplines .

( In case I'm too subtle , this is a recommendation for you to join a reasonably active , full service Gun Club .)

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I would say handgun,

And not sure what type or what kind,

But something to begin would be nice

Is that really your answer to this question; "What types of guns do you shoot?"

I must say you are being treated very well for being so vague and obtuse. I enjoy coming to this types of post to help guide newbies to IDPA, for its challenges and camaraderie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom