• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    If any NRA RSOs would like to volunteer to help watch the range, it would be appreciated. A pm would work. This would be in the Annapolis area. Schedules permitting.

Q

BigBull

Dec 23, 2014
    St. Mary's County
    Is their a minimum age for scouts to earn this badge? If you are able to put this together and open it up to troops across the state, I would be interested in making the hike with my son.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Qbeam,
    You said you were working Camp Tomahawk and admittedly I had not heard of this camp so I searched it and found it is a Cub Scout Day Camp in AA County. Is this where you're looking to do Rifle Shooting MB?

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Qbeam,
    You said you were working Camp Tomahawk and admittedly I had not heard of this camp so I searched it and found it is a Cub Scout Day Camp in AA County. Is this where you're looking to do Rifle Shooting MB?

Nope, I'll be doing range work at AAF&G (Anne Arundel Fish and Game), and the classroom portion can/will be arranged. Trust me, no cubs. This is a scout oriented endeavor. They made me get the rifle and shotgun instructor rating before going to camp school, so may as well put them to use. I am also contemplating helping partials on the blue cards as well in the BAC area (Don't know if a counselor can cross councils) . Kids having to wait until next camp seems unfair.

Q

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I was a MB Councillor for Rifle & Shotgun Shooting back in the '80s . ( Back then it was one MB , with option of qualifying with Rifle OR Shotgun .)

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Bigfoot, did they have the restrictions on rifles? Funny how on shotguns, you can have semi auto, but not on rifles....

Q

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Don't think I still have a vintage MB book, but don't recall any semi's being used . The whole thing was different back then .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom