Kel-Tec PLR16 Tabled (MD handgun roster)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    OHHHH, another gun someone in PA or VA should open carry LOL! With a 30 rd m-16 mag. BTW there is a guy in PA who OC's a big Ruger Redhawk .44.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    that will suck when i get a AR pistol with a beta mag attached to it and bring it to a shoot for you all to drool over :D

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    that will suck when i get a AR pistol with a beta mag attached to it and bring it to a shoot for you all to drool over :D

Being that posession is also aggainst the law, you could pass through MD to a state where it is legal, but it must be stored in accordance and under protection by federal law, you couldn't uncase it, or fire it in MD.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Being that posession is also aggainst the law, you could pass through MD to a state where it is legal, but it must be stored in accordance and under protection by federal law, you couldn't uncase it, or fire it in MD.

Alucard, as someone pointed out a few weeks ago, the AR15 pistol might not be illegal.
    The only pistol on the "assault pistol" list that seems to apply is the Bushmaster pistol, but the only Bushmaster pistol that existed in 1994 was the ARMpistol which is very likely not the same as the Carbon 15 pistol Bushmaster makes today and I think since 1997.
    It would be interesting to see what the Maryland State police has to say about this and I would love to see someone ask.....I mean can you imagine, if it is determined not to be illegal, then the MD roster board might actually approve AR15 pistols for sale. That would be a fricken trip.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    damn....

i know for a fact or local store thats only open on staurdays had a bushmaster AR pistol for i belive $750 or $900

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Alucard, as someone pointed out a few weeks ago, the AR15 pistol might not be illegal.
    The only pistol on the "assault pistol" list that seems to apply is the Bushmaster pistol, but the only Bushmaster pistol that existed in 1994 was the ARMpistol which is very likely not the same as the Carbon 15 pistol Bushmaster makes today and I think since 1997.
    It would be interesting to see what the Maryland State police has to say about this and I would love to see someone ask.....I mean can you imagine, if it is determined not to be illegal, then the MD roster board might actually approve AR15 pistols for sale. That would be a fricken trip.

I was looking at building one a couple years ago out of a DPMS reciever. The MSP answer line told me it fell under "bushmaster pistol, and copies by any other manufacturer", and would not be legal. Then again, I also asked him what the Hell a P.A.W.S type semi auto was, he didn't know, but told me if there was a pistol I had in mind, let him know, and he would look into it and call me back or if I submitted it in writing, they would mail a response. I didn't follow up with it, and still don't know. Goes to show you, there is illegal, then there is "what can I be arrested for". There are few laws that are more open to police interpretation, or dumber than that assault pistol list

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I was looking at building one a couple years ago out of a DPMS reciever. The MSP answer line told me it fell under "bushmaster pistol, and copies by any other manufacturer", and would not be legal. Then again, I also asked him what the Hell a P.A.W.S type semi auto was, he didn't know, but told me if there was a pistol I had in mind, let him know, and he would look into it and call me back or if I submitted it in writing, they would mail a response. I didn't follow up with it, and still don't know. Goes to show you, there is illegal, then there is "what can I be arrested for". There are few laws that are more open to police interpretation, or dumber than that assault pistol list

Ask again, but make sure they know the difference between an Armpistol and a Carbon 15 and which one existed in 1994. Maybe they overlooked this detail all these years.
    If you get the letter saying it is legal, then I am pretty sure if you had it with you when you had the AR15 pistol a cop would not arrest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom