• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Straight from the horse's mouth via a delegate

The short answer is the state has a few more motions to go with the judge. The constituent's questions cannot be answered until the judge clarifies his order and provides additional guidance. We hope to have more answers in the next few weeks.
    Tom

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Keep in mind; if it can be proven that 1 permit was approved for self defense (for a law maker or something) the state will serve up another golden goose lawsuit.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I'm starting to worry a little bit.

As some of you know, my wife and I (business owners) submitted our applications on Friday, March 2nd. This was just a few days before the floodgates opened.

Now I'm worried that our applications will get buried in all the others that could very well be "put on hold" before they are even looked at.

So... do you think my concerns are well founded, or am I just being paranoid.

Is there something that I should do at this time other than just keeping my fingers crossed?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Safetech, you have my sympathy. Ditto for those up for renewal. Its going to be weird for a few weeks.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    I suspect they are being flooded with applications right now. I would expect your app to get reviewed, but the approval process will take significantly longer.

JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth
    Safetech since your request is for business purposes it may have just made it.

southern71

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 23, 2012
    Remember when your kid asked "but why" everytime you asked a question? Seems like they are using the same logic.

They are also using the I don't understand, did you want me to clean all of my room or just the part you pointed at? You never said how long I had to get it done or when I had to start doing it either.

IGNORANCE of the ruling isn't grounds for not following it. Isn't that what they tell us about age old laws? Why should they get to apply the double standard? If a Judge told you that you couldn't go on a certain property, you have no excuse if you are caught on that property! Trying to claim that you didn't realize the property extended out to where you were standing ain't gonna fly very far.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Keep in mind; if they are serious, and they approve one Legislators permit or renewal, they are opening themselves up to a HUGE lawsuit.

Tom43491

Dec 9, 2009
    Timonium
    Funny how the AG says to direct all question to SP...and SP says they are waiting on direction from AG.

I read the quote as .... If you qualify on everything else and it comes down to G&S, they are going to shelve it. It you are disqualified based on something other than G&S, they will deny. :rolleyes:
    Also the way I read it, unfortunately. Stalling tactics, as you would expect from Marylandistan.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    And for what its worth...

I applied back in Aug2011, got "disapproved" in November2011. No G&S good enuf.....

On March 5, day of Legg's Decision going Public, , I sent a letter to MSP, asking if they could pull up my app and reconsider..Fat chance I thought, and I was right..more over, MSP said I would have to re-App with all the stuff necessary..yada, yada, yada....

But the interesting thing was, I got their reply today........just 4 days after mailing my question to them. Amazing, I figure...but somebody is working the mail up there.....

R

SchulzeCH

Jan 31, 2009
    Harford Co
    Reasonable precaution against apprehended danger

RE: COMAR 29.03.02.04

While sub paragraph G has been set aside is there any remedy for sub paragraph O apprehended danger standard? Top of page 2 Item 6. Personal Protection requires documented evidence of recent threats, robberies, and/or assaults, supported by official police reports or notarized statements from witnesses.

COMAR cite below:
    29.03.02.04 Criteria for Issuance of Permit.
    In making a determination as to whether a permit will be issued to the applicant, the following areas will be a part of every investigation and will be considered in determining whether a permit will be issued:

A. Verification of the information supplied by the applicant in the application;

B. Occupation or profession of the applicant;

C. Geographical area of residence and employment of the applicant;

D. Criminal record of applicant, including any juvenile record for an applicant younger than 30 years old, as specifically outlined in Public Safety Article, §5-306(b), Annotated Code of Maryland;

E. Medical history of applicant as it may pertain to the applicant's fitness to wear, carry, or transport a handgun;

F. Psychiatric or psychological background of applicant as it may pertain to the applicant's fitness to wear, carry, or transport a handgun;

G. Reasons given by the applicant as to whether those reasons are good and substantial;

H. Age of applicant;

I. Applicant's use of intoxicating beverages and drugs;

J. Information received from personal references and other persons interviewed;

K. Information received from business or employment references as may be necessary in the discretion of the investigator;

L. Whether the applicant has any alternative available to him for protection other than a handgun permit;

M. Whether the applicant falls within those classes of individuals who do not need permits as outlined in the Handgun Permit Law;

N. The applicant's propensity for violence or instability which could reasonably render his wearing, carrying, or transporting of a handgun a danger to himself or other persons he may come in contact with;

O. Whether the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution for the applicant against apprehended danger.

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA

I applied back in Aug2011, got "disapproved" in November2011. No G&S good enuf.....

On March 5, day of Legg's Decision going Public, , I sent a letter to MSP, asking if they could pull up my app and reconsider..Fat chance I thought, and I was right..more over, MSP said I would have to re-App with all the stuff necessary..yada, yada, yada....

But the interesting thing was, I got their reply today........just 4 days after mailing my question to them. Amazing, I figure...but somebody is working the mail up there.....

R

Looks like renewals are the exact same process as initial apps....so your situation is essentially the same thing...I would think.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    w2kbr said:

R

You didn't say what the response was, did they advise you to file again?

Taurus85

Jun 25, 2011
    Rosedale, MD
    I WAS TOLD BY CJIS @ 6776 REISTERSTOWN RD. TO GO RIGHT TO MSP ON REISTERSTOWN RD. REASON BEING LIVE SCAN WERE GOOD FRO 72 HOURS!! THIS WAS MARH 8TH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom