• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    you have a nice collection, its always really cool to peek into someone elses safe.

Hadnn't though about putting a pegboard in there. That's a good idea. I think I'm going to check out some options at the Timonium gunshow this weekend and maybe go with your idea if I don't find anything I like.

Mike

I'll take a pic and email it to you. It works well. The down side is you cant cram your safe full as their wont be enough clearance. I was maxed out and just added another safe (the same size) and it is maxed out on long guns as well.

Incidentally, store your long guns in those silicone treated gun socks - gives you a little "cheating" room for maximizing capacity.

The wally world plate racks look pretty good. I may have to get one to try it. I have 3 of the 6x versatile gun racks. I need to either get more of those or figure out something else as I am maxed out there as well.

One thing I do like about the pegboard setup - is that when you swing open the door of your safe all the handguns are presented neatly. You do lose a tiny bit of long gun space but the inside of the door is almost wasted space.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I like these.

I see browning makes something similar to the Versatile racks. Any advantages one way or the other?

31jUQRVJObL._SS500_.jpg

rdblan2

Mar 10, 2007
    The storemoreguns pistol solution works pretty well. I got a pack of them for Christmas. They're sturdy.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have an issue with putting things down the barrel on my firearms. Just my opinion.
    Me, too. I don't think it's the end of the world, but it goes a smidge beyond my comfort zone.

Also, don't store bulk ammo in your safe, unless you like the idea of it exploding in a serious fire.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Me, too. I don't think it's the end of the world, but it goes a smidge beyond my comfort zone.

Also, don't store bulk ammo in your safe, unless you like the idea of it exploding in a serious fire.

Agreed also, I have multiple safes in separate areas just in case

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    These just arrived from Cabelas. $15 for a 3 gun rack. They seem to be made of a dense foam which offers some padding. According to the instructions the 3 gun racks can be attached together to make one longer rack but I think the smaller size gives multiple placement options, depending on your safe configuration. The racks seem to work fairly well for average size handguns but the Redhawk 41 Mag is a bit clumsy. The racks are actually from http://www.hyskore.com

Attachments

• Hyskore_Racks.jpg
      Hyskore_Racks.jpg
      72.7 KB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads