• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I know there are a lot of folks out there on the fence about whether to refinance when they have a good rate now, or perhaps questions about purchase loans.

I am here to help any MDS members their families and friends that have questions. The market is literally a dumpster fire right now and rates are ALL over the place.

My best suggestion is to Email me a recent mortgage statement when you can if you’re considering a Refi and I’ll take a look just to see if it makes any sense. I’ll shoot you straight either way, so just fire over a statement, desired term, and any details you think I need to know. I’m working pretty much non stop these days as are many lenders, so my response times may not be as blazing fast as usual. Please be patient if you can and I will get back to you ASAP!

For purchase clients you are priority #1 and will continue to be as contracts and closing dates take front seat as they should in this market. I’m here for any questions you may have.

RLowry@southerntrust.com
    410-804-5978 is my cell

Ryan

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    The man doesn't lie. I contacted him for a refi quote a few weeks back and he advised that another offer I had gotten was better and that I should go with it.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    My wife is an attorney for a large bank and mortgage company...she says if you want to buy or refi then now is the time. The issue is that companies are in the middle of their efforts to transition from working from the office to working remotely and not all efforts are going smoothly. You may not get answers as quickly as you want or even consistent contact until things are sorted out.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Today was one of the most volatile days in mortgage history. I was quoting rates in the low 3’s on purchases at 10am and by 4:30 we were in the low 4’s! It’s Armageddon. Best thing to do is submit an application and send me a statement as mentioned. If the rates come back (and they should in coming weeks) we’ll be ready to lock and go. Refinance loans are taking 60+ days now but we cover your locks!!

There’s no playbook for this and I’ve never seen anything like it in my 20+yrs including the crash.

Be prepared, be patient, tell me your goals.

Thanks all. I need oxygen and a bourbon. Lol

Ryan
    410 804 5978
    RLowry@southerntrust.com

mattsomer

Nov 14, 2010
    Today was one of the most volatile days in mortgage history. I was quoting rates in the low 3’s on purchases at 10am and by 4:30 we were in the low 4’s! It’s Armageddon. Best thing to do is submit an application and send me a statement as mentioned. If the rates come back (and they should in coming weeks) we’ll be ready to lock and go. Refinance loans are taking 60+ days now but we cover your locks!!

There’s no playbook for this and I’ve never seen anything like it in my 20+yrs including the crash.

Be prepared, be patient, tell me your goals.

Thanks all. I need oxygen and a bourbon. Lol

Ryan
    410 804 5978
    RLowry@southerntrust.com

Will we be able to refinance? Are places open?

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    Guys I can speak firsthand of the awesomeness of Ryan & his services. I just closed yesterday on a house that's a huge step up for me, all because of the extreme efforts of Ryan & his team at Southern Trust.

I was fortunate to get a great rate locked in last month, and although we had many bumps in the road on the deal, through no fault of mine or his, we persevered and got the job done! It's just paperwork to the professionals, but in the end it's a huge life-changing event for me, and I can't thank everyone involved enough.

Give Ryan a call if you're interested in buying or refi'ing, but be patient since we are in uncharted territory with the global pandemic & wildly swinging rates. He will treat you right guaranteed. Hands down the best experience I've had with a MDS IP, and i've done business with most of them at this point. He is an honest straight-shooter, which is rare to find these days.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Guys I can speak firsthand of the awesomeness of Ryan & his services. I just closed yesterday on a house that's a huge step up for me, all because of the extreme efforts of Ryan & his team at Southern Trust.

I was fortunate to get a great rate locked in last month, and although we had many bumps in the road on the deal, through no fault of mine or his, we persevered and got the job done! It's just paperwork to the professionals, but in the end it's a huge life-changing event for me, and I can't thank everyone involved enough.

Give Ryan a call if you're interested in buying or refi'ing, but be patient since we are in uncharted territory with the global pandemic & wildly swinging rates. He will treat you right guaranteed. Hands down the best experience I've had with a MDS IP, and i've done business with most of them at this point. He is an honest straight-shooter, which is rare to find these days.

I can’t thank you enough for the kind words. Enjoy your new home bud

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Went down enough for me!!

Paperwork will be in tomorrow Mr. Lowry. Thank you.

It’s taking a bit to get through this craziness. If my response times are not up to my typical par please bear with me. Reminder/checking in emails are welcome if you need a faster answer. Thanks to all for your patience and for looking me up!

My girlfriend just looked into refinancing her house. The interest rate they could get her was so close to her original interest rate there was no point. The rates are changing multiple times a day and they could not promise what the rate would be at the time of closing. With the wild swings there was no way she was going to take that chance

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    My girlfriend just looked into refinancing her house. The interest rate they could get her was so close to her original interest rate there was no point. The rates are changing multiple times a day and they could not promise what the rate would be at the time of closing. With the wild swings there was no way she was going to take that chance

She should be able to lock into a rate at some point. Are they not doing rate locks anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom