• ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    What is all needed?

I moved. Is a Utah out of state permit acceptable to make the requirements?

weeman

Oct 2, 2009
    Need to be a resident I think for 30 days. My hunter safety or the old md handgun training was enough for the training portion. Submitted app and fee to court clerk. Had a couple of weeks later.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I think that requirement no longer applies. Here's a screen grab:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 5.41.43 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 5.41.43 PM.jpg
      86.1 KB · Views: 394

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    A non-VA CCW permit won't help. However, this being a shall-issue state, the process is simple enough. I am not sure about other locations, but in Fairfax County you have to apply in person at the Circuit Court. No appointment necessary. After approval, the permit will be mailed to you.
    https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/civil-case-information/concealed-handgun-permit

I used NRA Basic Pistol Course certificate as my proof of handgun competency.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    A non-VA CCW permit won't help. However, this being a shall-issue state, the process is simple enough. I am not sure about other locations, but in Fairfax County you have to apply in person at the Circuit Court. No appointment necessary. After approval, the permit will be mailed to you.
    https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/circuit/civil-case-information/concealed-handgun-permit

I used NRA Basic Pistol Course certificate as my proof of handgun competency.

You can get the application on line and do the fingerprinting at the VASP building over in Fairfax for $10 cash or check. Mail in all forms with copy of "competency" to VASP in Richmond and then wait.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    You can get the application on line and do the fingerprinting at the VASP building over in Fairfax for $10 cash or check. Mail in all forms with copy of "competency" to VASP in Richmond and then wait.

No fingerprints needed for residents.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I live in PWC. I printed out the form, sent the filled out form (notarized) with proof of competency (hunter education card), money, SASE, then waited. It took four weeks the first time because of where I was born. When I renewed, I walked into the circuit court building, filled out the form, showed my old permit, paid, and walked out with a new one. All new resident permits are $15, they can't tack on extra anymore.

Cyndi59

I changed DL from Maryland to Virginia and went down to Fairfax Co.Courthouse..showed my current Va. non-res..filled out the paperwork,notary and 50 dead men..14 days later a piece of paper they ran off on a copier came in the mail..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom