• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And stick to your script. I've seen more than one overly nervous applicant talk themselves out of a favorable decision.

cool_t_1

Sep 14, 2016
    AA County MD
    Is there anyone willing to assist me with a modification request? I have seen posts from others who successfully argued it without going to the board. I did have an informal review before and it was denied, but my packet did not make it to the HPRB so I have to ask for a modification and start over. I am a MSI member as well. Have a lot of boxes to check as well. Business owner, disabled vet, currently cleared, opm breach.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Is there anyone willing to assist me with a modification request? I have seen posts from others who successfully argued it without going to the board. I did have an informal review before and it was denied, but my packet did not make it to the HPRB so I have to ask for a modification and start over. I am a MSI member as well. Have a lot of boxes to check as well. Business owner, disabled vet, currently cleared, opm breach.

PM sent

Gatman

Adequate Member
    May 24, 2013
    Calvert
    I'm looking for info/thread/someone to discuss prep work before my wife and I go before the review board. I'd appreciate any help pointing me in the right direction.

Federal employees, OPM breach, and ... I'd be happy to discuss the rest discreetly. Denied due to lack of G&S (clearance level), informal review with 1SG Moriarty upheld initial finding.

Thanks for your time,
    --Ken

I'm in a similar boat. I came to this forum looking for guidance on this specific situation. I just joined MSI (a few mins ago).

Mar 23, 2016
    Carroll County
    Would anyone who is Fed employee and OPM data breach victim, but possesses lowest clearance i.e. public trust and has successfully applied and received an unrestricted permit i.e. claiming personal protection as G&S be willing to share or at least discuss their application "blueprint"?

For what it's worth, at time of OPM data breach had secret but no longer needed that level in my position so currently public trust. I'm also an MSI member and certified NRA instructor and MSP Certified Qualified Handgun Instructor and MD Designated Collector.

I feel like I need to make a move and try to beat this state at its own shameful game, especially after I recently was in FL, scheduled an appointment online via a clear and non-convoluted website (unlike MSP's) at a regional state service center for a carry permit, and received in-person application assistance and review along with fingerprinting in which the whole process took 20 minutes and cost $97. And at the end, I was told where/how to track online and told even though statute says 90 days it should only take about 55. After that experience combined with this forum and my knowledge of the MD process, it's abundantly clear that MD and MSP have no clue what customer service even means. Thanks.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    At the risk of being cliche, MSP knows what customer service means . They are doing the opposite on purpose .

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Would anyone who is Fed employee and OPM data breach victim, but possesses lowest clearance i.e. public trust and has successfully applied and received an unrestricted permit i.e. claiming personal protection as G&S be willing to share or at least discuss their application "blueprint"?

For what it's worth, at time of OPM data breach had secret but no longer needed that level in my position so currently public trust. I'm also an MSI member and certified NRA instructor and MSP Certified Qualified Handgun Instructor and MD Designated Collector.

I feel like I need to make a move and try to beat this state at its own shameful game, especially after I recently was in FL, scheduled an appointment online via a clear and non-convoluted website (unlike MSP's) at a regional state service center for a carry permit, and received in-person application assistance and review along with fingerprinting in which the whole process took 20 minutes and cost $97. And at the end, I was told where/how to track online and told even though statute says 90 days it should only take about 55. After that experience combined with this forum and my knowledge of the MD process, it's abundantly clear that MD and MSP have no clue what customer service even means. Thanks.

If you are a member of MSI, we can help you.

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis

I just went through the entire process and went before the HPRB on OCT 3rd 2017 who overturned the MDSP and issued an unrestricted permit.. I have a DoD Clearance and also a DoJ clearance. Initial MDSP decision was denied, for lacking G&S. Informal review sustained the Secretary of MDSP. MSI Helped greatly and put me in touch with fantastic representation at the board.

I do recommend to everyone who isn't a G&S grand slam to have representation at this board. They have a lawyer on this board so be prepared to answer pointing question based on your application to the best of your ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom