What is the benefit of getting a VA CCW permit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenReal

Jan 30, 2009
    You are better served by having a ccw license from a state that is'nt a thousand miles away.

The legal community has dealings closer from state to state and they would respect a ccw from Virginia more than one from Florida,especially now that Florida is writing more now (it seems) then any state.

The best ccw to have obviously is the one from your state if you are lucky enough to live in a state that respects the rights of it's law abiding citizens to carry.

And you should not feel comfortable just getting the Florida ccw license and carrying.

You better check first where that license can allow you to carry.

Confirm that information,your freedom depends on it.

Many police officers will not know the difference and you pull out a Florida ccw license in an area (county or town) that has some liberal ideas about gun rights and you could be in for some expensive defense of your right to keep and bear arms.

(wow-my first several posts here have been in old threads I did'nt look for-they were on the front pages of the main sub forum page.My apologies to you all.I know this stuff makes the regulars here crazy-I'll check the thread ages more closely from now on)

Last edited:

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    Are there any other benefits of having a Non-Resident Virginia CCW Permit besides the fact you can carry a concealed weapon in certain states?
    I thought I heard somewhere that you can buy a handgun in the state of Virginia and not wait the 7-8 day waiting period. Is that true?

That is only true with a resident permit, you can also face to face regulated firearms

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IDriveB5, I'm sorry, I misread your prvious statement, the application only took about a week, the actual license took about a month from the time I sent my application in.:o

I sent my FL app in on July 1. Still waiting. I called them last week and was told another 30 days, so the backlog continues. I applied for my UT permit 2 months after FL and I expect to get that one first.

I am headed to Vegas the end of November and have signed up for a 1 day class while I'm there so i can get a NV permit. Wait time for NV is about 30 days. they no longer accept UT or FL CCW.

It's just money.

:lol:

Stu

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I notice a lot of folk here getting both the Florida and Virginia non-resident concealed carry permits. Is it really necessary to get Virginia when Florida's permit is recognized in just about all the states that Virginia's is??? If VA honor FL's permit, what's the need to get VA's at all??? :wtf:

I have a VA non resident CCW because it took 30 days from start to finish. I also carry in VA alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom