• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm going to the steel match at AGC on Sunday. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet a few of you nice folks there.
    I'm in squad 4, hit me up if you get there - ask for David.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Coach there is an informal pistol only practice event tonight on the action bays 530-8 if you can make it. Would be a good opportunity to get an idea what to expect for the match and try your gear.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    For Those who do not seem to get emails from Practiscore

AGC - "Outlaw" Steel Challenge Match
    Good morning Americans/Green Card & Visa holders. Happy 4th of July to everyone one.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday morning for the July 5th Outlaw Steel Challenge Match. Here are a few house keeping items for your review.

We currently have a waitlist of 14 people. If for any reason you do not think you are going to make it on Sunday, then please withdraw ASAP. Withdrawing after noon on Saturday, without a really good reason, (like an M80 blew the the fingers off of your strong hand) is not looked upon kindly and will be met with you not being approved to shoot in future AGC matches. Missing fingers on the weak hand is no excuse to not show up.

It is going to be very warm on Sunday. We have 3 easy ups and the pavilion has been cleaned up to help shelter you from the sun. Please feel free to bring your own easy up and set it up at the mouth of the bay you are starting or finishing on. This would be greatly appreciated by your fellow shooters.

RULE CHANGE - In an effort to keep things moving along, we are introducing a rule change in reference to and specifically to address malfunctioning firearms (pay attention rimfire shooters).

Multiple Equipment Malfunctions
    If a firearm malfunctions before a shooter completes a string/stage, then that string will be scored as "Miss Stop Plate" (+30 seconds). In the case of an outlaw stage, the entire stage will be scored as normal once the part time expires (time of last shot + all targets not engaged). The shooter will then be given 60 seconds to clear the malfunction and then resume shooting any remaining strings (standard Steel Challenge Stages only). If it takes more than 60 seconds to restore the functionality of the firearm and only if it is UNLOADED, then the Equipment Malfunctions provision (See SCSA Official Rules) applies. In this case, the shooter will be sent to the safe table on the other side of AGC Lane to repair or bag their firearm.

If the same firearm malfunctions on the same or any future stages, then that stage and all of its remaining strings will be scored as DNF. The shooter is welcome try the same firearm on the next stage, however the Multiple Malfunctions rule will continue to apply to that firearm for the remainder of the match. A shooter may also substitute their firearm as prescribed by the SCSA Changing Equipment Rule 3.2.1

Note: There are no reshoots provided for due to malfunctioning equipment

First malfunction>Scored Miss Stop Plate> Fix within 60 seconds>shoot remaining strings - Second and any further malfunctions>Stage Scored as a DNF>Remaining Strings on that stage are forfeited>May try again on next stage

We will discuss this rule during the safety briefing and field any questions at that time. The long and the short of it is this. If your firearm malfunctions, you will be given one minute to fix it and resume that stage. If it happens again on that or future stages, then you are done shooting that stage.

Please understand that we want to be as friendly as possible, yet courteous to everyone. A firearm that is a habitual malfunctioner holds up the other 77 guns. If you own that gun, either get it fixed or leave it at home.

Take care, be safe and don't drink too much on Saturday night. See you all Sunday.

Mike

COACH1106

Jun 18, 2020
    HANOVER MD
    So looks like I made it off the wait list. erwos I joined the same squad you're in. I'm going to need some guidance this will be my first comp.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Can not believe I got a withdrawal with this message 15 minutes ago.

“Anniversary on this day“

What an inconsiderate jerk. Hopefully next person on waitlist still wants to come.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Can not believe I got a withdrawal with this message 15 minutes ago.

“Anniversary on this day“

What an inconsiderate jerk. Hopefully next person on waitlist still wants to come.

An anniversary will sneak up on you bro. Maybe he was trying to forget. :lol2:

Fuggem, wait list in their future.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    An anniversary will sneak up on you bro. Maybe he was trying to forget. :lol2:

Fuggem, wait list in their future.

Tell that to the 10 people on the waitlist.

He got a very nasty email tonight. Somehow I doubt he will be registering to shoot with us again, and if he does its "NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!"

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Tell that to the 10 people on the waitlist.

He got a very nasty email tonight. Somehow I doubt he will be registering to shoot with us again, and if he does its "NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!"

If he just realized tomorrow is his anniversary, he's got much bigger problems than a shooting match. He's screwed, and not in a good way. LOL

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    If he just realized tomorrow is his anniversary, he's got much bigger problems than a shooting match. He's screwed, and not in a good way. LOL[/

Maybe I’m just lucky, but my wife would never keep me from shooting during the morning hours of our anniversary. We have the rest of the day to do whatever she wants. Now maybe it would be a different story if I straight up forgot I about it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So looks like I made it off the wait list. erwos I joined the same squad you're in. I'm going to need some guidance this will be my first comp.
    You're gonna be great, man.

My PCC optic went down hard on Friday (cracked glass on my HE510C-GR - no idea how it happened, the hood shows no damage), so I am gonna be rolling with a couple guns I haven't shot in a couple years. It's gonna be awesome.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If he just realized tomorrow is his anniversary, he's got much bigger problems than a shooting match. He's screwed, and not in a good way. LOL[/

Maybe I’m just lucky, but my wife would never keep me from shooting during the morning hours of our anniversary. We have the rest of the day to do whatever she wants. Now maybe it would be a different story if I straight up forgot I about it.

No mine wouldn’t either. Totally forgetting would be different...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Thanks to the MD and staff for another amazing match, and to everyone who shot Outlaw SC today who kept things moving. it felt like 100f out there, and I know I got smoked from time to time, but there was no serious backup. Also liked how we finally got to start playing in 180 degree space on bay 1 - hoping we see some more complex layouts in the future!

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Thanks to the MD and staff for another amazing match, and to everyone who shot Outlaw SC today who kept things moving. it felt like 100f out there, and I know I got smoked from time to time, but there was no serious backup. Also liked how we finally got to start playing in 180 degree space on bay 1 - hoping we see some more complex layouts in the future!

Thank you for saying those kind words. We appreciate everyone coming and putting up with the heat.

Keep an eye out for some really cool new props next month. Life is good.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I thought the pacing and smoothness exceptional today, despite the heat. All the tents were really helpful for getting a quick taste of shade.

The outlaw stages were the bomb--I would have loved to shoot them twice.

Sent using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom