• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I won't feel comfortable about SCOTUS until more justices grounded in the Constitution and its meanings are seated. A nominal 5-4 majority certainly isn't anything to count on.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I won't feel comfortable about SCOTUS until more justices grounded in the Constitution and its meanings are seated. A nominal 5-4 majority certainly isn't anything to count on.

Agree.

Someone has the goods on Roberts, IMO. Can't be trusted. But with another conservative Justice on the court, he'd go along with the crowd.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I intend to be a pain in the ass for Atterbeary and the rest of her thugs while I'm here. They want us to leave so they can replace us with more complacent voters subjects. I'll stand my ground for at least a few more years.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Answer #1 - Maryland sucks , and will continue to increase the suckage . Our fight will be to decrease the rate of descent . As much as we hypothetically increase our turnout , we are insurmountably outnumbered , and the trend is rapidly moving even worse . Indeed there are a myriad of better places to be * right now * .

Answer #2 - There are No safe havens anywhere . The fight for our Rights must be maintained anywhere and everywhere .

NewTwo

Jan 10, 2020
    What's the point of this post? Is it supposed to be funny, educational, spark a discussion?

It's a lame point. All the places you think are safe havens today will see restrictions tomorrow. It took Virginia one session to go down our path. Pennsylvania will inevitably follow after. You can muse about West Virginia all you like, only a scant few would actually enjoy it there; it's distant, rural and lacking in job opportunities, education and infrastructure. It's a place for farmers, miners and retirees not the average suburbanite browsing MDShooters.

How about you tell the many MD 2A organizations to just give up too? If everyone ran from a fight then there'd be no one left. If you ask me, statements like these are just cowardice, plain and simple.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    3p8240.jpg

It's not worth having unless you fight for it!

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    The courts are the only hope at this point, seriously. The GA will do what they want. Doesn't matter how many people show up to complain. When one party has complete veto proof control they stomp all over the opposition. I'm just hoping the courts one day grant us CCW in this state.

I'm very sorry to say that I agree that moving is MY only realistic option. I can count. I don't believe there will ever be the numbers necessary to fight the state house. Letters fall on blind eyes, and phone calls fall on deaf ears. I don't have money to fight in court.

Move and don't declare what you've brought into the state.

I do understand that moving is just a delaying strategy. The countryside is being flooded by people fleeing the cities. And yes, they'll bring their sick politics with them.

I'm putting my faith in the higher courts - the current rash of legislation, as well as the pending case(s) before the Supreme Court, will pile up and eventually force them to look at the legal gap left by the Heller decision.

(sigh)

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I think that there is some fundamental difference between liberal and conservative/libertarian people. Conservatives/Libertarians mostly just want to be left alone to pursue happiness on their own terms and values. They don't seek to enter government to force their will on other people. Liberals on the other hand seek to control everything in your personal life from the size of your soda to whether you can own guns.

Unfortunately, what I have seen happen is that when conservatives flee a state like Maryland, that emboldens liberal Marylanders. I know Maryland liberals that sent their kids to vote in PA and others that went to campaign for Obama door to door in Norther VA. In other words, when Maryland is "safe" for liberals then they reach out to spread their infection other places. We have to fight on enemy ground like MD even when the odds are long and wins will be very few and far between. Actually, I am considering VA enemy ground now - but I am inspired by the resistance that I see in VA to the onslaught of gun laws.

We need more people in blue/purple states to hang tight and fight to help preserve the freedoms in the rest of the country. Conservatives need to get involved in government, unlike liberals to impose their will, but rather to preserve freedom.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I am not scared or worried , nothing will change in my daily activities . When the political system starts holding illegals , gang members and other bad actors like baby killers accountable then that will be the start of me falling in line and believing that they want to save lives and care about humans . Otherwise all they are doing is power-plays and blowing smoke . The delegates and senators are a horses ass as far as i am concerned .

That is exactly how I feel.

Where you going to move to? About the only state in this country that might be safe is Alaska. Because even the Liberals in Alaska realize you can enjoy the great outdoors without something to defend yourself against Bears with. Other than that every state is going to come under attack just like Marilyn has. Maryland flight isn't lost. There's still one option it's just that the vast majority of gun owners are afraid of their own shadow and Walt stand up to a tyrannical government

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I welcome all of you to come to Florida, I recommend anywhere except Miami/Broward. We can always use more help in fighting the good fight down here. You will have a concealed carry permit in your wallet in less than 60 days if you are not a felon. Also AK's are legal and widely owned. Then you have other things like great weather (if you can tolerate Baltimore humidity then you can handle Florida), no state income tax. and hot women everywhere.

Dew it, in my opinion.

That is one thing about FL. Whenever I have been down there I never saw an ugly woman. I should've more to Clearwater when I had the chance. All well, its too late for me know.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I hear you all. I'm retired Military. 4 year USN and 16 US Army CW retired. I took an oath and I keep it.
    I don't run or leave either. My wife and I have had those discussion.
    Stand your ground and fight for what we want and what you have.

You have the right to Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness ( Possessions) Given by Your Maker-God Almighty. Period.
    The MGA or US Congress has no right to take any possession. Period.

FMD

I retired and left Maryland for several reasons. Weather, taxes, politics all were a factor in the decision. I consider it a "redeployment" to more favorable ground where I can keep more of my money and I get more representation with the tax dollars that go to the state.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    No, no, there are plenty of states left to flee to, just look at Arizona...

Oh, wait...

And democrats are licking their chops about being able to "out latino" republicans over our nations sovereignty. IN 2018 they elected a bisexual athiest over a combat vet. Instead of winning on policy they figure they just will wait until certain groups breed enough voters. In some groups cases often on the taxpayer dime and that is not racist its a simply fact that unidos and cdc verify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom