• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My response was an evaluation. It was not meant to be kind or unkind. I never mentioned in my response that you should be wearing a suit and tie. I only asked if you were wearing a WWNC shirt. Walking up to a conservative legislator while wearing an obvious PP shirt and asking how the PP is perceived is akin to my wife asking me how she looks in her new jeans.

Yep, I was in full PP regalia. I understand your point regarding evaluation. My point was merely to rebut the negativity that PP gets regarding its effect.

Note that you are also the one that started this thread. Did you just assume that everybody would agree with you and give you high fives and thumbs up? I know you are smarter than that, and I know you have been following the other threads on here regarding this matter, but decided to start a new thread on the subject. So, I ask you, why even start this thread wherein we are not going to be able to find an objective answer after having debated it in other threads?

High five? Hell no. Like I said, information and rebuttal. While I'm pleased to put my face in front of my oppressors, as it's not as easy to make my life a misery as it would be if I worked under their auspices, I generally am allergic both to the Uniform concept and public interaction.

I don't care that you participate in PP. You have your view on its effectiveness and I have mine. We are obviously not going to change each other's views no matter how kindly we post our positions to one another. I seriously thought my post would have conveyed how biased the representative's response would be to your question, but I guess it was not conveyed as I had thought. Instead, you took offense to me disagreeing with you. So be it. Was not my intent to offend you.

I take your point regarding seeking opinion while in uniform, as it were. It embarrasses me to say that it never occurred to me. I tend toward plain speaking, and stupidly tend to believe that others respond from the same standpoint. Naive, perhaps, but too late to find a new personality.

What do you think a liberal legislator would say to somebody that comes up to them with a red shirt and asks, "Are we having any effect here on the Maryland General Assembly?"

I would be interested in hearing what Atterbeary's response would be to the same question you asked last night.

I believe that whatever I say to people like that will have no effect. I'm not going to change what passes for their minds, but they need to know that there are those who completely oppose their views, are not afraid to say so, and to take a public stand.

This is all a subjective debate with no way for anybody to prove one another right or wrong, and Lord only knows whether a politician's response is sincere or not.

Yeah, politicians. I think it's easily possible that some, even at the state level, are possessed of honesty and integrity. I'm impressed that so many are willing to put up with the frustration that comes with the corrupt, gerrymandered Progressive GA.

Despite my dissatisfaction with your views on the subject, I believe you know that I hold you and your family in high regard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom