• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbuddy

Jun 20, 2008
    Calvert Co.
    Good Morning,
    Years ago modified f-class matches were being held at Quantico. Anyone know if they are still being held? It’s been so long I lost all the POCs I had for the event.
    I stopped going because we had twin boys, but now that they’re older I would like to pick it up again and get them started too.
    Thanks,
    —Ken

Tstras

Not a Junior Member
    Jan 16, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Unfortunately I don't believe they are still doing modified F Class matches. However they do have Rec Fires which consists of people putting steel targets on the berm and paper targets on the backers but I don't think anyone is allowed in the pits when this is going on due to the steel. If this information is not accurate, I'm sure someone will be along to correct me. I wish they would bring them back, it was a great practice opportunity.

kbuddy

Jun 20, 2008
    Calvert Co.
    Thanks for the info. I think I’ll look into rec fire at Quantico, and when we get the boys set up start branching out to Peacemaker.
    Thanks again,
    —Ken

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    They stopped them well over a year ago due to lack of attendance. 1000 yard rec fire on Range 4 is still held when RSOs open the range and the gathered shooters agree to move the line back. Beyond 600 yards they need to close the road and clear it with range control. Range 1 is good to 300 yards if you're willing to make the walk to place your target.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom