• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    The Stag SHOULD be a .750", and for a lefty - that ejection is bang-on where all my lefty's were ejecting (carbine length and gas-piston).

Really? This is the first lefty I have ever owned. Did you just run it that way, I mean with it ejecting forward like that?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Really? This is the first lefty I have ever owned. Did you just run it that way, I mean with it ejecting forward like that?

I've had 3 lefty's, and shot about 5 more that ejected near identically.

Not sure if it's just the nature of the beast or what, but with that many behaving roughly the same - it leads me to think it's just how they are.

Even with an extra power spring and heavier buffer, they still tended to throw brass slightly forward of my shooting position.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I've had 3 lefty's, and shot about 5 more that ejected near identically.

Not sure if it's just the nature of the beast or what, but with that many behaving roughly the same - it leads me to think it's just how they are.

Even with an extra power spring and heavier buffer, they still tended to throw brass slightly forward of my shooting position.

Well that gives me some food for thought right there. I got them to the range today and actually, the only time it threw cases forward was shooting the 5.56 suppressed. Unsuppressed it threw them about straight out to the side.

300Blk was good suppressed and unsuppressed.

I'm going to hold off on doing anything right now. I've got to many projects in the air right now and funds are low.

I do like the idea of the adjustable gas block though, I must say.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Well that gives me some food for thought right there. I got them to the range today and actually, the only time it threw cases forward was shooting the 5.56 suppressed. Unsuppressed it threw them about straight out to the side.

300Blk was good suppressed and unsuppressed.

I'm going to hold off on doing anything right now. I've got to many projects in the air right now and funds are low.

I do like the idea of the adjustable gas block though, I must say.

If you are not having any extraction issues, or double feeds then you are GTG. I would still install the flat wire spring though.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    If you are not having any extraction issues, or double feeds then you are GTG. I would still install the flat wire spring though.

Everything ran great honestly. Extraction was consistent, I could have put them all in a bucket they were so close together.

I'll definitely get the flat wire spring, that was a great video. Everyone should watch that. Eventually I'll get the adjustable gas blocks too. But, that will be down the line a little while.

I was more worried about tearing something up. As long as that's not the case, I'll deal with the little blowback I'm getting for now.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    9 to 11 o'clock was about the ejection path range if I'm remembering correctly on the Direct Impingement lefty, the Piston upper tended to throw more 10 to 12 o'clock - I do have to admit, it's been close to 3 years since I fired my remaining lefty's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom