• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schreib

Stupid Newbie
    Mar 2, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Can you share what you put in the describe nature of collection section?

I just put down "collecting rifles, shotguns, and pistols for personal use and pleasure" or something like that I got my letter in the mail saying not disapproved the day after I picked up my first regulated purchase so 7 days from submission. This was a few months ago though so they may be backed up again with all the panic buying.

moveweight

Feb 12, 2013
    is it true i have to take this to a bank to get a seal? also where can i fax this to? what is the number??? get back to me asap thanks!

myuen021078

Jan 18, 2013
    Rockville
    Took about 45 days to get my approval letter in the mail, I am now a designated collector. I put "for hobby" in the desribe nature of collecting activites.

Trappemann

Mar 26, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Sent my notarized application in via fax on March 11, 2013, as I was told that it was the way to go due to the incorrect address on the msp website.

Sent this email on Monday, the 15th business day after I sent the application.

"TFC Thompson

I am writing today to check on the status of my Regulated Firearms Collector Application which was faxed on March 11,2013.

Please let me know the status at your convenience.

If I am contacting the wrong person or department, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Respectfully,"

This is EXACTLY WHAT I RECEIVED AS A RESPONSE TODAY!!!!!!

"It is not feasible for me to check if I have received an application. Please allow 2 months for processing and then IF you have not heard anything feel free to check on your status.
    Thank you"

WOW! Pardon me?COMAR says within 14 days of application!

What do I do now?

Last edited:

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Send him a reply citing COMAR? I dunno, tbh. Some will say sue. Probably not worth the time/money. Case will be mooted long before it's heard. Not sure what other options you have.

cunninghamrjr

nw2guns
    Feb 6, 2013
    Sent my notarized application in via fax on March 11, 2013, as I was told that it was the way to go due to the incorrect address on the msp website.

Sent this email on Monday, the 15th business day after I sent the application.

"TFC Thompson

I am writing today to check on the status of my Regulated Firearms Collector Application which was faxed on March 11,2013.

Please let me know the status at your convenience.

If I am contacting the wrong person or department, please point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Respectfully,"

This is EXACTLY WHAT I RECEIVED AS A RESPONSE TODAY!!!!!!

"It is not feasible for me to check if I have received an application. Please allow 2 months for processing and then IF you have not heard anything feel free to check on your status.
    Thank you"

WOW! Pardon me?COMAR says within 14 days of application!

What do I do now?

I believe that application is required to be noterized. Don't think faxing will work.

reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    I believe that application is required to be noterized. Don't think faxing will work.

yup your right... notarized mine and set it off about 2 weeks ago. I dont mind waiting 2 months tho cause when I get it I will be buying the final two guns that I plan to buy and be done with gun purchasing because im not going to deal with these new laws coming up. The wait just gives me time to save money to buy then and hopefully allow prices to come down.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I sent my application in on 4 Jan. Got my letter just over a week ago...yep, end of March.
    And now that I finally got it, there are all these new laws that pretty much guarantees I won't bother buying any more guns until I escape the DPRM (Democratic People's Republic of Maryland).

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    yeah It has been about 16 days for me. Im not buying anything but F them, the law states 14 days they need to follow it. Im sending an email now.

CosmicP25

Jan 19, 2013
    Parkville
    If you're not going to buy anything, then why waste both of her and your time and energy. If you're gonna email her, you're going to get the same message.

But yeah, fvck it. Who cares about other people.

Wreckless

Mar 27, 2009
    Frederick
    What's this about the wrong address? The address on the form is:

Firearms Registration Section
    1111 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD 21208

Is that not correct????

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    What's this about the wrong address? The address on the form is: