• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    I would keep the engage, assuming the lower is forged.

The NiB Gas Key can be problematic is the manufacturer didnt take into account the coating thickness before treating the part. Some NiB Gas Keys are oversize and bleed off too much gas when the gun gets hot.

I would just put some solid upgrades in the engage. Trigger, Red Dot, Sling, and maybe a suppressor.

The amount you know about this stuff scares me. Thank you!

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Guns? What guns? I've lost all of mine in a series of truly unfortunate boating accidents and mishaps.

Sounds tragic I'm sorry for you loss....... lol
    If it ever gets to the point of mass confiscation only thing ATF will hear is "I lost them in a boating accident" in which they'll reply "you don't even have a boat" haha

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Sounds tragic I'm sorry for you loss....... lol
    If it ever gets to the point of mass confiscation only thing ATF will hear is "I lost them in a boating accident" in which they'll reply "you don't even have a boat" haha

The boats were irrevocably lost too, I swear.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    How much?

I kid, I kid!!!

:D

Apparently too much, it's still for sale!!

:lol2:

I figure it is priced a bit high based on how prices have dropped since the election.

If it doesn't sell, I'm not going to cry myself to sleep over it.

It's the one I built in the first SOTAR class I took and I put too much time and money into it to let it go for next to nothing.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Talk to gun owners (not dealers without an FFL) about the guns they have owned and almost every one has some, sometimes many, that are "I wish I had never sold that one". Lots have bought a gun then sold it then bought the same thing again for more money because the grass may be greener but it doesn't taste any better. Then there are the ones whose replacement doesn't shoot as good as the one they got rid of; and no I won't sell it back to you. :D

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Do y'all believe in keeping all your firearms or do y'all sell ones to buy new ones?
    In principle I have no issue with anyone selling/bartering old stuff for new stuff. If I bought a firearm only to discover I didn't like it or I otherwise had no use/room for said firearm, I would get rid of it.

That said . . . so far I have not sold any firearms. I've purchased several only to find things I don't like about them, but I enjoy the tinkering and upgrading process, so I can't say I have any I don't love to shoot right now.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I don't sell anything.
    To do so would be an admission that it was not a good decision to buy it in the first place and I can't live with that.
    I buy guns that I want and I even buy guns I don't want just to buy guns.
    Buying guns & gun accessories makes me feel better.
    I guess I have issues.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't sell anything.
    To do so would be an admission that it was not a good decision to buy it in the first place and I can't live with that.
    I guess I have issues.

I'da know. Needs change. Lives change. That said, I sold one gun years ago in order to buy another. I regretted it ever since. It was a good trade-off, but I really loved the gun I sold. Wife told me after that, "Next time, we'll find a way without selling a gun you like...". Keeper!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I don't sell anything.
    I guess I have issues.
    Gun is perfect. Buy accessories and swap out parts to make gun more perfect. Gun is awesome, owner remains infallible. Makes perfect sense to me.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Depends what your goals are. I sold a few things to buy a SCAR. Was it because the scar was somehow more reliable than the guns I sold? Not necessarily, I just like to mix it up now and again. This is a hobby for me and I don't always purchase guns with the zombie apocalypse in mind. I say, if you're bored with your current rifle and want to try the LWRC, then go for it.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Depends what your goals are. I sold a few things to buy a SCAR. Was it because the scar was somehow more reliable than the guns I sold? Not necessarily, I just like to mix it up now and again. This is a hobby for me and I don't always purchase guns with the zombie apocalypse in mind. I say, if you're bored with your current rifle and want to try the LWRC, then go for it.

I just like having lots of guns haha
    This is coming to become an addiction.
    Luckily I don't drink, do drugs, or gamble. That counts for something right lol

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I'da know. Needs change. Lives change. That said, I sold one gun years ago in order to buy another. I regretted it ever since. It was a good trade-off, but I really loved the gun I sold. Wife told me after that, "Next time, we'll find a way without selling a gun you like...". Keeper!

Wow. That resonates. My wife the farmer's daughter who hunted got me into hunting and shooting. Talk about a keeper.

Think neckties.
    I have 8,453 neckties. Some are wide, paisley, striped, solid, long, short...all combinations.
    What's in style one year or decade is out the next.
    Guns=neckties in that regard.
    So.
    Just buy guns.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Overall there are a variety of aproaches.

Some people have a stragey of progressively trading up.

Shooting/ hunting partner #2 and his wife ( full blown gun person in her own right) change guns like I change socks.

Guns I sold- sold one hand with fingers left over. There have been occasions I essentialy fixed up a friend with a specific gun, but they also gave me some money . I have gifted more guns than I sold.

But I am haunted by the ones I didn't buy, usually because I thought I couldn't afford them at the time, but in hindsight I should have. ( Triple Lock, USMC marked M1909, HK P7, Several 1st Gen SAA, anything FA in 1985, etc)

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    The money from every gun I've ever sold has gone directly to upgrade to another gun. And it's done quickly, before the wife thinks the money should go directly to groceries.

Sold a S&W Sigma, bought a Glock 19 Gen 4
    Sold a Winchester 1400, bought a Winchester SX3
    Sold a S&W 15-22, built a BCM AR15
    Sold a Marlin Model 60, bought a Savage MKii BTVS

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I had several 1911's at one time. Sold off over half which were duplicate applications, to cull the herd. Now I am just couple away from being where I was before. I think they are being fruitful and multiplying. I slipped birth control to the pair of AR's. But I think the one is already pregnant. Too late...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom