• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    77e: "secondary review"

Mine went through one for about a day (then went back to under review). :tinfoil:

I did pick it up tho...

I am told MDSP has been scolding shops about the "correct" description of the regulated firearms (aka pistol) because it does not "match" the handgun roster. The dropdown does not have the full list from the handgun roster, evidently. The handgun roster itself is poorly organized, not intuitive, and hard to parse (big news, right). Really, the MDSP should clean it up and make sure that the 77e has the same info.

This is all second hand, but I think the mismatch is causing (some) "secondary reviews" ... probably not in all cases, but perhaps in at least one that I know of.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    If you click the print application to bring up the pdf file, you will see that it's already Not Disapproved, but they won't send you the email until after 6am on the 7th day. Standard procedure. You will wake to an email in the morning.

Where do you see that? And when?

Edit: NM I see they changed it

mxskater25

Jul 31, 2016
    Does holidays effect the wait time. I'm suppose to pick mine up tomorrow but since today's the 4th wondering if I'll have to wait longer.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Does holidays effect the wait time. I'm suppose to pick mine up tomorrow but since today's the 4th wondering if I'll have to wait longer.

The day you are supposed to pick up now, is the day MSP puts in the seller's notification. Holiday counting seems to vary, probably depending on which Trooper does the paperwork.

Answer for you: Don't ask here, ask your FFL what MSP notified them to be the release date.

mxskater25

Jul 31, 2016
    Well the ffl put the paperwork in on the 28th the day I purchased the firearm he said on the 7th day I should be able to pick it up. But not sure if the 4th of July would delay it

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The only time a holiday is counted against you is if it falls the day after a Sunday which would have been the 7th day or the 7th day is the holiday. If the 7th day is a Sunday followed by a holiday. then you must wait 2 extra days. If the 7th day is a holiday, you must wait an extra day. It is only calculated if it's the last day or the day after a Sunday which is the 7th day.

clear as mud,

ETA if the 4th is the 7th day, you have to wait until the 5th.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I have not been to my FFL to make a purchase yet. I received my HQL on 2/3 and filled the application on 2/6. It was my knowledge that I needed the application finished first before a purchase. So my chain would be, receive HQL > fill application > application accepted > go to FFL with approved application and pin > make firearm purchase >wait the time then pick it up. Is this correct lol?
    Ok, your process does not start until you buy weapon and FFL adds weapon data to your application. You will need application number, PIN, and credit card at FFL. He will use your last name and application number to pull up your part of application. He will verify information and add weapon data. Your pin serves as signature. You pay MSP fee of $10.00 and completed application submited and 7 day clock starts.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    MSP notifies the FFL what your pickup day is when you are "not disapproved" ... ask the FFL. There is nothing more these days.

mxskater25

Jul 31, 2016
    So have they changed from sending the email out on the 7th day ( bought on Wednesday approved the following Wednesday) to now sending it out on the morning of the 8th day? Today's been a week and it still shows as under review

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So have they changed from sending the email out on the 7th day ( bought on Wednesday approved the following Wednesday) to now sending it out on the morning of the 8th day? Today's been a week and it still shows as under review

The last one I did (seller) the email came on the morning of the 8th day. That's counting the day we did the paperwork. So it's 7 days if you don't count the day you applied, 8 days if you count the day you applied.

YMMV

After all, this is Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom