• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Humdi

Apr 21, 2017
    Is there a magazine limit on .22lr like the s&w or bushmaster?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Is there a magazine limit on .22lr like the s&w or bushmaster?

The only magazine fed .22 LR that is not tied into the 10 round limit is one with a tube magazine that is a permanent part of the rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    To paraphrase that -

1. Rimfires are subject to same detachable mag capacity limits as centerfirw.

2. EXCEPT for tubular magazines for rimfire are not restricted.

3. Rimfire rifles are NOT subject to the 29 inch oal ( but the Federal 26 inch still applies).

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    But you can buy all that you want out of state and bring them back or go out of state to transfer to another Marylander.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    There are no dumb questions, only dumb Maryland liberal legislators.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Who is dumb enough to click on a thread titled, "Dumb question"?

...Unless you're wondering whether it's the same dumb, nagging question you wanted to ask but were afraid people would think you're "dumb."
    Or, you're hoping it's that same "dumb", nagging question that OP just asked it, so you'll finally know the answer.
    Or, all of the above.

There are no "dumb" questions.

Just dumb laws designed to confuse and frighten law abiding, well-intentioned people into not exercising their 2A rights. Lest they worry about looking dumb. It's easier to comply with golfing laws.

Humdi

Apr 21, 2017
    Here's another...

If rimfires are legal and I've found a sick deal online, why do I need an FFL dealer?
    Change the mag I'd assume?

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Here's another...

If rimfires are legal and I've found a sick deal online, why do I need an FFL dealer?

You can't have a firearm that you don't already own (I.e., one that has been repaired) shipped directly to your home unless you have the appropriate federal firearms license. For example, I have A curio and relic license so I can have C&R firearms shipped directly to my home. I do not have the kind of FFL that a dealer holds, so when I buy a modern firearm on-line, I have to get it sent to an FFL who will do the appropriate administrative tasks, such as submitting the ATF form 4473 and running a NICS check.

I agree with the others that there are really no dumb questions. What is dumb is doing something wrong when you have a free resource like MDS with lots of experienced people that are willing to help.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Thanks guys.

So here is the burning question, what are you buying? Before you buy, you might want to check with some of our Industry Partners. You always have to factor transfer fees and shipping info the equation. Every FFL charges a fee, sometimes as high as $70, to transfer a firearm. Your vendor will also charge shipping. Let's say that you found a Ruger 10/22 online for $250 and the best local dealer price is $290. Buying that rifle at a local dealer is still cheaper because they don't charge shipping or transfer fees for firearms that you buy from them.

Humdi

Apr 21, 2017
    So here is the burning question, what are you buying? Before you buy, you might want to check with some of our Industry Partners. You always have to factor transfer fees and shipping info the equation. Every FFL charges a fee, sometimes as high as $70, to transfer a firearm. Your vendor will also charge shipping. Let's say that you found a Ruger 10/22 online for $250 and the best local dealer price is $290. Buying that rifle at a local dealer is still cheaper because they don't charge shipping or transfer fees for firearms that you buy from them.

S&w mp15-22 or bushmaster c22. Found it for 319. Locals either don't have it or have upgraded versions.
    I want a basic one so I can work on shooting techniques rather then showing off a DDM4.

Much rather buy locally. The guys at engage were pretty helpful first time I was there and I'm told united is another good place. I'll call tomorrow to see if they can work it out for me.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Here's another...

If in state, FFL not needed. If out of state, FFL required for transfer by Federal law.

ALL interstate transfers must go through an FFL. Except for CMP rilfes. :)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    If in state, FFL not needed. If out of state, FFL required for transfer by Federal law.

Kinda sorta. Still need ffl (03) license to accept rifles from cmp.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County

That's true for non-prohibited long guns with face to face transfers. Anything in the mail needs to go through an FFL.

Humdi

Apr 21, 2017
    Emailed united and engage. Hopefully they'll come through.
    Really wanted my first to be a DD but rather learn how to properly shoot then look like paper Rambo.
    Either way Hillary is not happy with me right now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom