• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    Is this a possibility in Maryland? I forget if pistols are subject to the same silly 29" rule as rifles/carbines when SBRing them. I really want a CZ Scorpion evo 3 SBR

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    When you convert a pistol to a short barreled rifle in Maryland, it magically becomes both a handgun and a rifle simultaneously. It will then be subject to the silly 29" rule. :(

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    The new CZ Scorpion Evo 3 will not meet the 29" OAL if it's converted to an SBR without modifications, such as a barrel extension or longer buttstock. At first glance, I don't see the Evo on the handgun roster, but I know some dealers were working on it. Also I think some will be shipping with an arm brace.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I vote pining a three lug barrel extension for extra length. That way it would give you the option to pin the folding stock, if you wanted to add a three lug suppressor attachment.

This. CZ lists 16.14"-26" as the SBR length (guessing folded and fully extended.) Pinning a 3-lug adapter would get you about an inch. Fabricate a ~2" buttpad to screw to the stock and would make MD 29" OAL limit. Then just run the stock in a slightly shorter position for the same LOP as you would have had before the extension.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Just saw this on the CZ-USA Facebook Feed. Manticore Arms has developed a sliding stock and a pinnable faux suppressor. It would still need some US made parts to make it 922r compliant, but it may get over the 29" OAL in MD.

10410568_10153012886066704_8135608817278309327_n_zpsz7pvji7k.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How would you clean the barrel and suppressor and suppressor mount?

You could do a monocore 9mm can which has a tube that screws on over it. That way you could remove the tube to clean everything, and still have the length from the monocore permanently attached by welding it. Sig did something similar with the MPX, but the ATF didn't like their plan of calling the permanently attached core a brake......

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    About 2.7" too short, alas. A lot of good SBRs these days that fall just a bit under the limit, unfortunately.

We can only hope the Engage lawsuit eventually bears fruit.

Mobile

Dec 30, 2011
    I wonder if you could make the min length if one were willing to use an AR stock

Like so:

lUZ6aQG.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom