• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    While there is not yet a current schedule on the Peacemaker site, the following matches are now listed in Practiscore:

Steel Challenge - March 3, 2018

2-gun - March 10, 2018

Long Range Challenge - March 24, 2018 and April 28, 2018

Super Steel - March 24, 2018

PRS Club Series 1 - April 14, 2018

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yep looking forward to it getting a little warmer and matches starting up again!!!!!!!

i'm in for 2 gun, LRC and PRS above! i'd do supersteel but need the LRC practice for PRS...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    What exactly is Long Range Challenge? I got the Long Range Part Lol, I went to the website and practiscore no description.

belly (prone) match, from 200-1200 yards at various steel targets. great chance to get dope for your rifle. there are 4-5 stages each with 5 or so pieces of steel each and you get 3 chances to hit each piece. there are 1-2 folks in each squad calling shots and giving you holds if you miss. around 10 in each squad. everyone shoots at first target one by one, then at 2nd target, etc. fun, casual and again great chance to get some dope for your rifle. targets are clearly marked and distances are given.

then they have the PRS match in april that has some belly shooting but also positional shooting. on top of, thru, side of, and under various barricades and the like. some stages have multiple positions you have to move to and from.

i'm in squad 1 for both matches if anyone wants to join in the fun.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I'd like to get in on the LRC stuff too....need to get a load worked up quickly though.

If only out to 1k, I might be able to use my .308 if the 6.5CM load isn't right.

Slayer2c

Oct 14, 2011
    Bear, De
    Any idea when the website is going to open up for registration? I’d like to get it on my calendar and have a buddie who would like to shoot it with me but needs time off work to do it. Being our first outing is there any suggestions on gear to bring? Round count?

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Any idea when the website is going to open up for registration? I’d like to get it on my calendar and have a buddie who would like to shoot it with me but needs time off work to do it. Being our first outing is there any suggestions on gear to bring? Round count?

Practiscore is already updated with most of the matches. You can go ahead and register now. Peacemaker is usually slow to update their website, but they keep Practiscore updated. You can register for March LRC now.

https://practiscore.com/clubs/peacemaker-national-training-center

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

i think we're still talking LRC, right? bring your rifle and bipod and have your dope (drops and windage) printed out or on phone etc (but don't count on cell coverage). 75 rounds (5 stages, 5 targets per stage, max 3 tries per target). one or two mags though you can single feed also. snacks and beverages (there is nothing nearby).

you can bring or borrow all this: tripod and spotting scope, rangefinder (they do give you distances), kestrel (wind and enviro's), shooting mat. rear bag (sock with bb's works).

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    i think we're still talking LRC, right? bring your rifle and bipod and have your dope (drops and windage) printed out or on phone etc (but don't count on cell coverage). 75 rounds (5 stages, 5 targets per stage, max 3 tries per target). one or two mags though you can single feed also. snacks and beverages (there is nothing nearby).

you can bring or borrow all this: tripod and spotting scope, rangefinder (they do give you distances), kestrel (wind and enviro's), shooting mat. rear bag (sock with bb's works).

Most targets 2 MOA? 1 MOA?

Tripods aka bald eagle rest ok to use? Wondering if my 6BR tube gun might be a better choice.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Most targets 2 MOA? 1 MOA?

Tripods aka bald eagle rest ok to use? Wondering if my 6BR tube gun might be a better choice.

i think they were all 2moa or larger. if you mean shooting off a tripod, i haven't seen anyone doing that (at the LRC matches) but guess it would be allowed, certainly isn't easier than prone. and this is all for fun anyways.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    i think they were all 2moa or larger. if you mean shooting off a tripod, i haven't seen anyone doing that (at the LRC matches) but guess it would be allowed, certainly isn't easier than prone. and this is all for fun anyways.

I have seen some very interesting methods to shoot this match. :)

i-tsmB4CD-L.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom