• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Me dumb too. Sorry, but also never bought online. On your checkout page there is no option to pickup in person, only FedEx shipping. I'm assuming this can't be shipped to me??? Does this ship to you, & I come up there for paperwork & transfer? Again, never bought this way before.

I had the same problem with a earlier purchase. Just don't select a shipping option, leave it blank. It will allow you to purchase with just tax and your done. John will get ahold of you and will discuss a pick up time.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The wife and I have a great understanding. I save money every time I buy a firearm. I could either put that money in the bank or spend it on a commodity such as a firearm, gold or silver.

Would your wife have a problem if you bought some gold or silver as an investment? Why should she see a firearm any differently? With interest rates on savings at less than 1%, your basically putting your money in a safe, only to be used when you need it. A firearm is like that money, but with you being able to play with your money until you decide to sell it.

I have firearms that I paid $500 in the 90s. Now they are worth $1500 or more. Better than a savings account, yes! If I need money can I sell them, yes. If I don't need the money, can I have fun with them, yes!

Don't look at buying a firearm as an expense, but as an investment.

I won't even talk about the value of that firearm in the event of an emergency. Fend off a burglar with a wad of $20 bills. Walk down the street with $500 in your pocket, are you any safer? Now, how do you feel with that $500 handgun in your IWB holster? You're carrying the same amount of value, but one will get you robbed, the other will prevent you from being robbed.

The wife and I have no problem with my investment portfolio. Try to think about it with that perspective and it's easy to see that you're not spending money, you're investing your money.

Last edited:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I had the same problem with a earlier purchase. Just don't select a shipping option, leave it blank. It will allow you to purchase with just tax and your done. John will get ahold of you and will discuss a pick up time.
    Tried that, but it's defaulted at FedEx Home Delivery for $29.29. Can't change it to "none", only other options are other FedEx options for more $$. Sounds petty, but don't wanna throw an extra $30 away if I don't have to.

Correction
    Above was issue using IPad. On laptop the FedEx only shipping problem doesn't happen. These devices are supposed to make our lives easier right? Thanks for the tip Clifjr

Last edited:

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Tried that, but it's defaulted at FedEx Home Delivery for $29.29. Can't change it to "none", only other options are other FedEx options for more $$. Sounds petty, but don't wanna throw an extra $30 away if I don't have to.

Correction
    Above was issue using IPad. On laptop the FedEx only shipping problem doesn't happen. These devices are supposed to make our lives easier right? Thanks for the tip Clifjr

Glad I could help! I was almost in panic mode trying to figure it out on my 1st order!

Rube

Apr 7, 2013
    Cecil
    How exactly did you guys avoid the shipping charge?
    I have tried mac, windows, and two android devices. Safari, two firefoxes, two chromes. All of them automatically choose fedex. Can't unclick it.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    How exactly did you guys avoid the shipping charge?
    I have tried mac, windows, and two android devices. Safari, two firefoxes, two chromes. All of them automatically choose fedex. Can't unclick it.

Mine was the beginning of the month so I'm trying to remember but I think there was a drop down arrow that you could pick what shipping you wanted or no shipping. I used my PC with windows 7, explorer.

Rube

Apr 7, 2013
    Cecil
    The only drop down I have is Residential or Commercial. Changing lets me do shipping zero but then checkout demands I review shipping.

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    The only drop down I have is Residential or Commercial. Changing lets me do shipping zero but then checkout demands I review shipping.

Sorry for everyone having shipping problems. I was having trouble with all the out of state orders I was getting.

Everything should be fixed now.

If anyone has trouble please contact me at john@jlowesguns.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom