KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    August Match Registrations are now open

Falling Steel Match - Saturday, August 7th

https://practiscore.com/agc-falling-steel-8-7-21/register

3 Gun Match - Saturday, August 14th

https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-match-8-14-21/register

We do NOT have the 200 yard range in August. That said, your longest shot will be about 65 yards. There may be optional Shotgun Slug Targets (bonus/not required). If you choose, bring up to 4 slugs.

IDPA Match - Saturday, August 21st

https://practiscore.com/agc-idpa-match-saturday-aug-21/register

Thursday Night Practice / Fun Shoots

There will be 2 Thursday Nights this month - 8/5, & 8/19. Due to the ammo shortage, you can bring just about any gun you want. We will set up a 2-Gun focused COF and 1-2 bays for practice, based on what those in attendance want to do that night. No pre-registration necessary, just show up around 5 pm to help set up and be ready for a safety briefing by 5:30.

***AS SQUADS FILL UP, WE HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING ISSUES WITH SHOOTER BEING ABLE TO CHOOSE THEIR OWN SQUAD. PLEASE CHOOSE A SQUAD AS SOON AS YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED TO DO SO. IF YOU ARE UNABLE, THEN PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO MATCHDIRECTOR@AGCRANGE.ORG, STATING YOUR PREFERRED SQUAD. IF YOU DO NOT CARE WHICH SQUAD YOU SHOOT ON, THEN PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE ONE AND WE WILL PLACE YOU WHERE WE NEED YOU THE MOST TO HELP WITH THE FLOW OF THE MATCH AND MINIMIZE LOGJAMS.

Check in

8:00 am till 8:30 am. Safety brief at 8:30 am. Match starts at 9:00 am. You MUST be checked in and attend the Safety Brief in order to participate in the match.

Setup

Falling Steel - 7:00 am on Match Day - Please arrive early to help out.

3 Gun / IDPA - We typically set up these matches the day before. AGC badge holders are granted Range Badge Credits towards next years badge. If interested, please reach out to be added to the set up email list.

Arrival

Please bring your cased firearms to the Shooting Bays and uncase at a safe table. 3 gun carts are acceptable with Muzzles pointed down or straight up. Uncased long guns must be ACTIONS OPEN, ECI inserted and on SAFE.

Parking:

Please park on the gravel parking area near the Shooting Bays. You may also park at the 200 yard range and/or Memorial Hall.

Ammo restrictions:
    Pistol: 9mm-45 cal -

5.7 x 28 is specifically prohibited

Rifle: .223/5.56 - No Steel Core

Shotgun: Bird Shot #7.5 - #9 max 1300 fps
    Slugs - Up to 4 slugs per (3 gun) match

Click Here to View the 2021 Action Shooting Schedule
    https://action.agcrange.org/wp-cont...tion-Shooting-Schedule-Updated-05-17-2021.pdf

Thursday Night Action Shooting 2021 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month beginning when daylight allows. Times will be from 5:30 pm till 8:00 pm. (When daylight is available).

Weekend Match Schedules

Falling Steel - Typically be held on the first weekend of the month (alternating Saturdays/Sundays)

3 Gun – Typically held on the second weekend of the month on Saturday or Sunday

IDPA – Matches are held on the 3rd Weekend of each month

Send any questions or inquires to

matchdirector@agcrange.org

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I'm shooting the Falling Steel tomorrow at AGC in - "Auto includes centerfire pistols with iron sights" division.

Can someone please tell me if there is a mag capacity in this division.

Divisions are based around the installed sights:
    -Rimfire Rifle includes Optics and Iron Sights
    -Rimfire Pistol include Optics and Iron Sights
    -Open Auto includes centerfire pistols with an optic
    -Auto includes centerfire pistols with iron sights
    -PCC includes Optics and Iron Sights

ETA: TIA

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'm shooting the Falling Steel tomorrow at AGC in - "Auto includes centerfire pistols with iron sights" division.

Can someone please tell me if there is a mag capacity in this division.

If it’s business as usual, no. But your first mag in a stage has to be loaded to only ten rounds. That forces at least one mag swap. You’ll see plenty of people completing a stage after that first 10 with just one more 17 round mag.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    If it’s business as usual, no. But your first mag in a stage has to be loaded to only ten rounds. That forces at least one mag swap. You’ll see plenty of people completing a stage after that first 10 with just one more 17 round mag.

It is business as usual; unless of course you are shooting at PCC or rimfire rifle. no limits because it is too fun to go that fast.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    It is business as usual; unless of course you are shooting at PCC or rimfire rifle. no limits because it is too fun to go that fast.

I'm bringing an "old dog" back into action for IDPA and I might just be weird enough to make all my mags 10 rounds. Ya know, just for the practice. Yeah, and keep it under your hat, it's possible I'll fill all my XDm mags to max and run the gun as fast as I can and take the penalty...let the chips fall where they may.

See ya at 7am.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'm bringing an "old dog" back into action for IDPA and I might just be weird enough to make all my mags 10 rounds. Ya know, just for the practice. Yeah, and keep it under your hat, it's possible I'll fill all my XDm mags to max and run the gun as fast as I can and take the penalty...let the chips fall where they may.

See ya at 7am.

It was great to see you at the match! So how did it go, mag-wise?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    We only have 29 registered for the 3 Gun match Saturday and only about 4 people on the set up crew. We need another 6 shooters to register, otherwise the match will likely be cancelled.

3 Gun Match - Saturday, August 14th

https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-ma...14-21/register

We do NOT have the 200 yard range in August. That said, your longest shot will be about 65 yards. There may be optional Shotgun Slug Targets (bonus/not required). If you choose, bring up to 4 slugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom