Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    Last edited:

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    If you testified in Annapolis in the last two years - Google your name. Mine brings up multiple testimonies I've written with my name on them, with a URL similar to this:
    https://www.mgaleg.maryland.gov/cmte_testimony/2020/jpr/*filename-here*

Any ideas on how permanent this is? It's like they're trying to doxx me. If they're not already archived, I wonder if we can request to take these down?

Testimony provided to MDGA becomes part of the official public record, which is publicly available. Electronic recordkeeping makes it more accessible than it used to be, but there has never been an expectation of privacy with testimony.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Any ideas on how permanent this is? It's like they're trying to doxx me.
    It was public testimony. We insist on our government being open (at least I hope we all do), so the public testimony must be open too.
    Your name and other personal details are already available in many public records.

Your connection is not private
    Well, no Internet connections are private, ever.

The problem here though is that the URL has bogus extra bits on it. Mainly the "www.".

This fixed link will not give you that error, but won't give you any useful information either:

https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/cmte_testimony/2020/jpr/*filename-here*

And intentionally unlinked so mdshooters doesn't collapse it:

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    Testimony provided to MDGA becomes part of the official public record, which is publicly available. Electronic recordkeeping makes it more accessible than it used to be, but there has never been an expectation of privacy with testimony.
    It was public testimony. We insist on our government being open (at least I hope we all do), so the public testimony must be open too.
    Your name and other personal details are already available in many public records.

Well, no Internet connections are private, ever.

The problem here though is that the URL has bogus extra bits on it. Mainly the "www.".

This fixed link will not give you that error, but won't give you any useful information either:

And intentionally unlinked so mdshooters doesn't collapse it:

Yes, I get that, but it's like the second or third result when you Google me. If I ever need to get another job (my current one is fairly conservative) this could be an issue. My field is mostly worked by liberals.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Yes, I get that, but it's like the second or third result when you Google me. If I ever need to get another job (my current one is fairly conservative) this could be an issue. My field is mostly worked by liberals.

No way this won't sound like an attack, but if you're that worried about it, perhaps you should eschew testifying.

I'm proud of my "I have come here to chew bubble gum, and fight tyranny ...." testimony. I don't care who sees it.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    No way this won't sound like an attack, but if you're that worried about it, perhaps you should eschew testifying.

I'm proud of my "I have come here to chew bubble gum, and fight tyranny ...." testimony. I don't care who sees it.
    Me too. It's good stuff. I straight up told them I won't comply with the law. Which, to a liberal employer like Google or Microsoft, could keep me from a job making 100k+. I'll still come back and testify again in 2022, please don't take this post as a surrender to Annapolis

I'm still young and climbing up the career ladder, so I'm just a little concerned about a future job. Or something I said might raise a red flag when I go for a security clearance. Probably overthinking it.

The takeaway is, I thought we should all at least be *aware* our results will find their way on to Google's top 3 results - maybe it'd be better to say the stronger parts verbally instead of in writing

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy

If Smokey isn't scared, you shouldn't be either. He damn near gave half the MGA a heart attack, and he's a teacher :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom