• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Revvin' Evan

Oct 17, 2010
    Baltimore County
    On average, how long between delivery and pending? My SBR papers were delivered on 10/17 and suppressor papers delivered on 11/10. Both checks were cashed the same week they were delivered.

StillServing

I know NOTHING !
    Feb 1, 2011
    Calvert County
    Do form 1's generally take longer to get into the system than form 4's? My form 4 took 10 days from the time it was mailed till the check was cashed. My form 1 was mailed on Jan 26th and the check still has not been cashed.
    Believe me I know the waiting game, but getting the check cashed at least tells me it's been handled by someone.

eschafer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 1, 2011
    Still pending from sep 12th on a form 4! From what others are posting it looks like I should have been approved by now! The last couple of weeks are the worst! Does it take any longer being its my first nfa item? Thanks...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Still pending from sep 12th on a form 4! From what others are posting it looks like I should have been approved by now! The last couple of weeks are the worst! Does it take any longer being its my first nfa item? Thanks...

You might be hearing something real soon. The BATFE is working on that week according to www.nfatracker.com

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    Hey Evan, to answer your question, from Delivered to Check Cashed is usually pretty quick, figure 1 week or so. They always have been fast cashing the checks. :) Check Cashed to Pending status was running about 2 weeks from the Check Cash time.

I just looked at NFA tracker for Pickles, and it looks like the ones sent in Fall of 2011 averaged about 3 weeks from SENT to PENDING. So what I wrote above, looks like it's still holding true.

It looks like it's the Pending to Approved timeframe that is the part getting stretched out.

You can sort data in NFA Tracker. Go to main screen. Click on the headings in white, and it sorts by that heading. Example: if you click on Examiner name, you can go to about page 49 and find Dana Pickles, then poke around to see how his forms are flowing.

Or Click on "approved" and you will be able to scroll through the approvals and see what Inigoes told us, looks like Approvals for "Pending" 2nd week of September is where they are. Looking like we are at 6 mos. for the whole enchilada, Forms Sent to Stamp Received.

Revvin' Evan

Oct 17, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Hey Evan, to answer your question, from Delivered to Check Cashed is usually pretty quick, figure 1 week or so. They always have been fast cashing the checks. :) Check Cashed to Pending status was running about 2 weeks from the Check Cash time.

I just looked at NFA tracker for Pickles, and it looks like the ones sent in Fall of 2011 averaged about 3 weeks from SENT to PENDING. So what I wrote above, looks like it's still holding true.

It looks like it's the Pending to Approved timeframe that is the part getting stretched out.

You can sort data in NFA Tracker. Go to main screen. Click on the headings in white, and it sorts by that heading. Example: if you click on Examiner name, you can go to about page 49 and find Dana Pickles, then poke around to see how his forms are flowing.

Or Click on "approved" and you will be able to scroll through the approvals and see what Inigoes told us, looks like Approvals for "Pending" 2nd week of September is where they are. Looking like we are at 6 mos. for the whole enchilada, Forms Sent to Stamp Received.

Thanks for the sort tip. I was thinking that should be an option. Otherwise digging through all that data would take forever.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

After speaking with an NFA branch last week, the nice lady mentioned it can take up to a month going from check cashed to pending.

I was curious to see my stamps went pending, after seeing the checks cashed a couple of weeks ago.

Still waiting for the ATF to start processing October pending dates. *tap* *tap* *tap*

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    When I applied for my can permit in October I was told 6-8 months was the norm around then.

Based on what I ahve learned taling to people who have multiples it may be faster for a second or later stamp. Once you're in the system...

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    When I applied for my can permit in October I was told 6-8 months was the norm around then.

Based on what I ahve learned taling to people who have multiples it may be faster for a second or later stamp. Once you're in the system...

I haven't found that to be the case. Your wait time depends upon the reviewer and the amount on their plate. But I'm only basing this on my last 20 tax stamps. :innocent0

dirtybird

Mar 20, 2010
    After speaking with an NFA branch last week, the nice lady mentioned it can take up to a month going from check cashed to pending.

I was curious to see my stamps went pending, after seeing the checks cashed a couple of weeks ago.

Still waiting for the ATF to start processing October pending dates. *tap* *tap* *tap*

FWIW my trust SBR and CAN sent mid November went pending Dec 15th, bout a month. If I see stamps before June 15th I'll be shocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom