• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    ouch that will leave a big vacancy in the PP and MSI line up

Come on, I'm down over 50 pounds over the last year or two.

pro1742

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    Screw that.

If SCOTUS doesn't eliminate the threat to my personal freedom in this state, I'm leaving. Final decision will be made in November 2020. The GA is making MD too dangerous to live in. I'm not about to get red-flagged by paranoid progressives in my neighborhood, and lose my freedom and rights.

You're welcome to stick it out. I'm too old to wait for success in the "long game".

What he said! I am done with this sh_t! I am currently looking at places in West Virginia and hope to be gone with in a year.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Screw that.

If SCOTUS doesn't eliminate the threat to my personal freedom in this state, I'm leaving. Final decision will be made in November 2020. The GA is making MD too dangerous to live in. I'm not about to get red-flagged by paranoid progressives in my neighborhood, and lose my freedom and rights.

You're welcome to stick it out. I'm too old to wait for success in the "long game".

Did I mention those like you that want to move?? No, I don't believe I did. I mentioned those that are moving here because they have to.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    You can't fix stupid, it's very difficult to fight stupid, you can vote against stupid ... oh wait, gerrymandering. Stupid seems to be the "in" thing, right up there with crab cakes.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Did I mention those like you that want to move?? No, I don't believe I did. I mentioned those that are moving here because they have to.

I was referring to your wish that we not suggest to those who wish to move here that they reconsider.

Did I mention that I disagreed with your request that I cease advising these misguided souls to reconsider their future location? Because that was the intent of my post. (You know, "screw that.")

Acting within MD is not going to change anything for decades, if ever. If SCOTUS does not get five conservatives by 2020, MD will remain a hopeless case. I have no intention of supporting this regime with my taxes once I'm assured that the courts will offer no succor during what remains of my lifetime.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis

SCOTUS will not take any steps to eliminate a state’s ability toadd regulations, such as HQL. It may rule on what level of constiutional scutiny is required for gunlaws and define what it means to be a core right and hold that a core right can’t be regulated. The old days are gone.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    Just for the hell of it I checked Ivey's FB to better gauge his level of passion for this bill. Only one post over a year ago. He got more of a scolding then support and this is from his friends and constituents.

I had no idea this Guy was only 23 years old.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" Author unknown but I like it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-23 Delegate Julian Ivey.jpg
      Screenshot_2019-03-23 Delegate Julian Ivey.jpg
      31.9 KB · Views: 704

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Just for the hell of it I checked Ivey's FB to better gauge his level of passion for this bill. Only one post over a year ago. He got more of a scolding then support and this is from his friends and constituents.

I had no idea this Guy was only 23 years old.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" Author unknown but I like it

Look at this guy's experience he has in his bio on the General Assembly website.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?stab=03&pid=sponpage&id=ivey01&tab=subject6&ys=2019RS

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This was the advice at my recent friends of the NRA banquet. The quote was somewhere close to “ the worst thing we can do for the 2A is to raise a generation of children not firmiliar or comfortable with shooting sports”. Good advice.

My children are 17 and 15. They have their own ARs.

SCOTUS will not take any steps to eliminate a state’s ability toadd regulations, such as HQL. It may rule on what level of constiutional scutiny is required for gunlaws and define what it means to be a core right and hold that a core right can’t be regulated. The old days are gone.

We do not know that.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Now be fair, nothing says he's got a degree.

How in the world did he get elected fresh out (?) of college?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think it's probably dead and was likely just smoke to help cover the Long Gun Registration Bill the cankles lobby was demanding.

They are so dumb they think we will all line up like lemmings and go ahead and register. F that. This is the easiest thing to not comply with. You owned that prior to 2019? Here’s the money. Even those we denigrate as FUDDs are very unlikely to find an FFL to transfer a deer rifle. This is worthless.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Now be fair, nothing says he's got a degree.

How in the world did he get elected fresh out (?) of college?

Connected.....

His mother served in the House of Delegates. His father is an attorney who also served as PG County States Attorney.

No 23 year old will be in a position to propose legislation when I am King. That’s just ludicrous IMO. But that’s an entirely different topic.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Connected.....

His mother served in the House of Delegates. His father is an attorney who also served as PG County States Attorney.

No 23 year old will be in a position to propose legislation when I am King. That’s just ludicrous IMO. But that’s an entirely different topic.

Thanks for that...I thought the name sounded familiar, but it's been a while since I paid much attention to the county politics over there.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Thanks for that...I thought the name sounded familiar, but it's been a while since I paid much attention to the county politics over there.

And the fact we allow idiots to vote. Universal Suffrage is the death knell of the Republic. This guy is the poster boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom