• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I think it's laying the groundwork for future registration requirements for non computer assisted guns without a serial number (that would be allowed)

But seems to ban without any grandfathering ones made with some form of computer assistance

Still pretty onerous

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Yep. Camels nose under the tent. Look for more "common sense" gun control to "strengthen existing laws" next year.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    That will be the big question, if the computer assistance applies to a receivers 0-80% state, or if applies only to the period it is legally a firearm (81-100%)

I have no idea. I know which way I'd like it to be

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    That will be the big question, if the computer assistance applies to a receivers 0-80% state, or if applies only to the period it is legally a firearm (81-100%)

I have no idea. I know which way I'd like it to be

IANAL, but IMO It's not a firearm in the 0-80% state, so this law doesn't apply to the 0-80% state.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    As much as I don't like this bill.... it could have been a hell of a lot worse. I feel a sigh of relief. Anything can still happen though. This still amazes me how dumb the MGA is. Punishing people that spent a butt load of money on 3D technology but by-passing the hand milled 80 percent crowd. I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Thanks a ton for posting this amended bill!!!

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    So you dont have to serialize?

Not the way I read it. As amended in the first post it only applies to guns that were completed by computer controlled means.

This is what the bill now does:
    "prohibiting a person from possessing, selling, offering to sell, transferring,
    purchasing, or receiving a certain firearm manufactured using a certain
    computer-aided fabrication device; "

An 80% is legally not a firearm so any cnc work the manufacturer may or may not have done on an 80 is a non issue. It isnt a firearm until the end user completes it, and if you are not using anything computer controlled you are good to go.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    the way i understand it is if a cnc computer memory machine makes the piece it will need a serial number

If a firearm is made using cnc then yes. That does not affect people home building 80%s.

The bill says a FIREARM made using a computer. Not a non firearm piece of plastic that is for all legal purposes a paper weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom