• eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    MSP sop:

fd06b9fd0c816e060448f77f36136a8a.jpg

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    Well the hell with that. Of course I wanted to be able carry for practical self-defense reasons, but a major motivation to go through the onerous process and then through the board was the principle of the thing. And this just makes that even more important. The need (no offense, Ed H et al!) to pay an attorney to exercise a constitutionally protected right is infuriating, but do we have a choice? Letting them shut people down is just rewarding Frosh for his holier than thou posture. What this needs, until there is some sort of relief in court, is well put together social/media documentary coverage, with parallel coverage of individual stories just miles away in PA, VA, and WV. Alas, most of us would personally hate the public scrutiny and noise that would come with publicly documenting all that we have to go through, and of course Frosh knows that, too.

No offense taken at all. I understand this and this is one of the reasons why I try to keep my rates lower than my competition as well as the fact, that I believe that good, hardworking people should not have to ask permission from the government to protect themselves from harm that may befall them.

I find that most people in Maryland do not understand what can happen to them and their first reaction is to call the police. That is great, but by the time the police come, the crime has already taken place. If you are lucky, you are physically alright. But if someone intends to do you harm, why should you not be able to defend yourself?

If anyone has any questions regarding the processes involved here, please reach out to me by PM.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    If I ever get my day before the HGPRB and then end up in front of an ALJ, Ed is my second choice for representation. I'm still searching for contact info for Raymond Redington.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I see no other way then to fight , as a friend of mine said and IP here . We have to do it for the gun community , somebody has to go first might as well be me .

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    If I ever get my day before the HGPRB and then end up in front of an ALJ, Ed is my second choice for representation. I'm still searching for contact info for Raymond Redington.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

I would think twice about that though, he is still in the pokey.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    My greatest fear is that the geniuses in Annapolis will get away with shutting down the HPRB, making the appeal path the mercy of an ALJ who may or may not know/care what the actual law says, and to the circuit court after that. That would essentially remove civilian oversight from the process, and give the MSP LD carte blanc to issue denials and restrictions. Because everybody can afford legal representation, ya know...

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    MSP meets their burden right in the statute. It speaks for itself, but if some want to try embellishing it and swing with that, give it a try. Not seeing any caveats they can't do exactly how it reads.
    D. The Secretary may limit the geographic area, circumstances, or times of the day, week, month, or year in which a permit is valid or effective.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And that word in that phrase makes it next to impossible for the unprivileged and unconnected to petition the Crown for permission to exercise their God-given civil right to self defense.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I would venture say (in legal terms) one could "May" 100% of the time so long as they're still afforded the option to do something other than what the action is.

In this case meaning, ........placing restrictions 100% of the time is perfectly legal with no explanation or excuse required.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Ok, what time is my restriction? When I decide or someone else. That is easy to defeat. If it can't be defined, it is not enforceable.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Ok, what time is my restriction? When I decide or someone else. That is easy to defeat. If it can't be defined, it is not enforceable.

At OAH a MSP said I am the expert in knowing when I am working , which brings me to the point there are no restrictions on my permit .

Then they say there are restrictions , can't have it both ways . It is 100% not enforceable IMHO .
    I can always have a reason to carry when I walk down the street or drive down the road .
    Tell me if my brothers and I have an exercise program for work and we get incentives to lose weight . Is then walking and hiking not included in business . If we are healthy we are good business owners . :thumbsup:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    At OAH a MSP said I am the expert in knowing when I am working , which brings me to the point there are no restrictions on my permit .

Then they say there are restrictions , can't have it both ways . It is 100% not enforceable IMHO .

I can always have a reason to carry when I walk down the street or drive down the road .

Tell me if my brothers and I have an exercise program for work and we get incentives to lose weight . Is then walking and hiking not included in business . If we are healthy we are good business owners .
    At least the ALJ is getting to hear this drivel. Hopefully, they will get tired of the MSP's BS in short order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom