Your Preference to Carry in The GREAT STATE of MD ( sarcasm included)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csuare1

May 6, 2018
    Baltimore City
    I was also granted the unrestricted permit a few months ago and I’m glad to hear another person has been granted theirs and I’m all too familiar with the struggle of finding the right handgun for carry. I also struggled with this as the first handgun I bought was an HK VP9 which I got thinking that I’d never be granted the w&c permit and I’d just use it for home defense. I was pleasantly surprised to receive the beautiful piece of plastic in the mail one day which allowed me to carry. However, I tried carrying the VP9 concealed IWB and it was hell, since my daily attire is business professional and I get in and out of my car and travel a lot and have shirts tucked in. I’m not one of those guys who will change my outfit to oversized shirts, extra large pants because I respect myself (just messing around fishing shirts and cargo guys) to conceal so I had the perfect excuse to buy a new handgun. I went to FreeState and rented out a few options, and I ultimately landed on the G43. (Also had considered p365,m&p,Xd).the Glock felt the best and as far as I’m concerned shoots well and is reliable which to me is most important over anything else(although the vp9 is hell of a lot better looking). But more than anything I want that thing to be reliable and ready to go to Town if god forbid I ever have to use it And Glock is just that. I have a basic iwb tuck able holster from concealment express with an ulti clip and it’s perfect. The ulti clip can clip directly on to my pants behind the belt and the Glock is so slim you’d have no issue with printing or even showing that black piece of metal/plastic looping over your belt. It also helps when u just feel like wearing sweats and going for a run and don’t wanna be all pretend tacti-douche. Even added a +2 Taran tactical baseplate to the mag and of course carry one In the pipe so round count is just fine and always carry spare mag. Even with the plate, still no issues with printing. Even so, I save the bigger piece for days when I can wear a coat and don’t have to tuck anything in but somehow always end up just taking the g43 because it’s so convenient. Hope this helps!

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    If I did carry I would carry a 43 with Magguts spring for an additional +1 with no added length plus a GeePlate base plate.

My 2 favorite small carry guns are the G43 and the Kahr CM9. Carry both in a Desantis mini-scabbard holster since I'm not a fan of IWB. I carry everyday and have not had any issues with either of these guns or holsters. I'm interested in trying the 365 but, haven't got around to it yet.

elkySS

Jul 5, 2014
    Middletown, MD
    If you can handle the width, the Glock 26 is the same size (other than width) as the G43, but double stack, and can use G17 and G19 magazines.

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    For tucked in dress shirt carry, consider a kangaroo pouch type holster. I carried a shield or a J frame in a smart carry.

Mulchman

Jan 19, 2014
    Williamsport
    What platform have you trained on? Stay with that. They work the same, just a smaller version. If you’re a colt 45 guy, look at a Kimber Micro. If you’re Beretta 92, look at a Berretta Cheetah. If you have a big ol Glock, look at a 26.

Wardove

Jul 23, 2017
    Blairsville, GA
    Ruger LC9s pro

I got my LC9 before all the Card to buy crap went into place. I wish I could upgrade to the LC9s or pro models. The trigger is delicious! Even my crunchy trigger will allow 50 yard head shots from a rest. The new ones are really sweet! Get one! Very controllable and goes in a pocket if you want. For me just in other states tho.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    Go to range rent the pistol you are interested in. If it feels good to you and you are shooting well with it, that's the one you should carry.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    For a 6+1 carry option, I would say Glock 42; smaller and lighter than the 43 and good enough.

Add Magguts to your 42 mags...

No increase in external dimensions.

But it becomes a 7+1 carry.

And in the FWIW File... I happen to agree with the 42 choice. But I picked from the OP list and recommended his mentioned 43.

May 8, 2018
    Thank you All for the Responses. I kinda expected more smart ass comments to be honest. I agree that I have to go to the range and rent the next purchase out before i make it. I train weekly and wanted something for the upcoming summer months. I see new stuff starting to leak for the Shot Show and I am sure that this will make the decision harder.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Thank you All for the Responses. I kinda expected more smart ass comments to be honest. I agree that I have to go to the range and rent the next purchase out before i make it. I train weekly and wanted something for the upcoming summer months. I see new stuff starting to leak for the Shot Show and I am sure that this will make the decision harder.

You haven't been here long enough for the barrage of smart ass comments yet. :innocent0 :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom