• untitled.jpg
      untitled.jpg
      53.8 KB · Views: 615

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    How the hell do they get the same charges when one of them lost a freaking ear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    “Hamstead-Mexico road”? Really? Is that across from the Pauley-El Salvador alley? So the individual with more charges has $3K bail and the other with only two charges has $5K? Are they one of the “pay what you can afford” counties?

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    “Hamstead-Mexico road”? Really? Is that across from the Pauley-El Salvador alley? So the individual with more charges has $3K bail and the other with only two charges has $5K? Are they one of the “pay what you can afford” counties?
    There is a place West of Hampstead called Mexico. Had been called that for at least 100 years of so. I always thought it was an odd name for the area.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    How the hell do they get the same charges when one of them lost a freaking ear?

The ear-less victim is a different un-named person than those pictured or charged.

Byron was the biter, and Elvis was just another hooligan who took part in several separate fights. It's comforting to know that both of them are out on bail.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The ear-less victim is a different un-named person than those pictured or charged.

Byron was the biter, and Elvis was just another hooligan who took part in several separate fights. It's comforting to know that both of them are out on bail.

Got it. Apparently I didn’t read closely enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    People will put together weekend tournaments in the hispanic league with $100s to $1000s going to the winner. Very common in those types of leagues. Also fights are guaranteed. Every now and then a friend of mine would ask me to play on his team (I'm a white dude). I always walked out of those games promising myself I would never do it again.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    People will put together weekend tournaments in the hispanic league with $100s to $1000s going to the winner. Very common in those types of leagues. Also fights are guaranteed. Every now and then a friend of mine would ask me to play on his team (I'm a white dude). I always walked out of those games promising myself I would never do it again.

This. I played in one once too.

These tourneys are the primary reason you see "Field use by permit only" signs in parks all over. Otherwise they will plan games and take over fields most weekends.

I have two questions though: What are "soccer ID cards", and why was someone airlifted to shock trauma for a piece of ear missing?

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    why was someone airlifted to shock trauma for a piece of ear missing?

I was wondering that myself, but I figured that medical people know these things better than I do. My guess is that since head wounds bleed a ton, they were concerned about blood loss.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I have two questions though: What are "soccer ID cards", and why was someone airlifted to shock trauma for a piece of ear missing?

All of my tournaments had ID cards. Not sure why they were such a big deal. I think the tournaments charge the teams for each card in order to keep team sizes fairly small. They did lots of stupid crap which made no sense to me.

Paging Mr. Luis Suarez...Luis Suarez, please...Mr. Luis Suarez to the white courtesy phone!

That cannibal is a menace!!!!

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    My guess is that since head wounds bleed a ton, they were concerned about blood loss.

Dick Cheney - "So?"
    Likely had no insurance, that Helo lift cost $10k, another couple $k at the hospital,
    he'll be back on the field next weekend.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    All of my tournaments had ID cards. Not sure why they were such a big deal. I think the tournaments charge the teams for each card in order to keep team sizes fairly small. They did lots of stupid crap which made no sense to me.

It also helps to discourage desperate club usage of "ringers" who are really only on the team when a win is critically needed for $$, qualification or ego/bragging rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom