• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Skipping the issue of why, as well as pros/cons of doing so, is it possible to add an external safety to to a P320? Parts available? Walk through of procedure?

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Not for Sig ones as far as I can tell, Sig has different FCUs for the safety and non-safety versions. You could call Sig and see if they would be willing to do it.

In addition to any parts and work needed to install the safety, you would need to Dremel out the corresponding notches on your grip module.

Last edited:

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I've called Sig several times regarding this topic and have been told each time "not yet". They say it may be available in the future. I haven't asked lately though. Time to call again.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Seems it would be far easier, safer and cheaper in the long run to sell your non-safety gun and buy one that came from the manufacturer that way.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I've called Sig several times regarding this topic and have been told each time "not yet". They say it may be available in the future. I haven't asked lately though. Time to call again.

Yeah, that is what prompted the question; I thought there was some notion that you could retrofit non-manual safety models.

Sounds like a good excuse to buy another gun :shrug:

Amen

Problem is FCU is different.

And FCU is the serialized part.

Right, but I thought the design was essentially that a necessary part on the FCU was simply not there?

Seems it would be far easier, safer and cheaper in the long run to sell your non-safety gun and buy one that came from the manufacturer that way.

Or better yet, keep it and buy another. I have had too many times with the seller's remorse when I have let myself sell one, even if it is expressly to buy another.

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    Having had the opportunity to fire the M17 with the external safety and also owning a P320 I wouldn't bother with the external safety. I found that it was very poorly positioned for most shooters. It is very close to the slide release and seemed like it was added more as an afterthought than a true design feature. Almost like they modified an existing design to meet the specs for a military contract instead of actually testing the ergonomics of the external control placement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom