• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Yes , we fought about this in MGA 2018 Session .

The Forces of Evil wanted then to abolish the HPRB , and instead adding the OAH to the mix was touted as a comparitive Victory by Hogan/ GOP Delegation .

This all depends on how our side views W&C issues - Actual Permits for actual members of the public , or simply as a vehicle to eventually set a court precedent ?

( This paragraph removed, because even I realized it was a wet blanket .)

Adding OAH to the mix cut the nuts off the HPRB and pulled all of its teeth out too.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    So is there an actual board installed and are hearing resuming ? I’ve waited too long not to show up and see where it takes me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Explain exactly HOW Frosh is in control of the direction of the MSP?

Through his puppet AAG Mark Bowen. A rabid anti who has been assigned to the LD for a bazillion years.

It just occured to me - Hogan CAN direct the MSPLD NOT to take those appeals to the OAH - but he is NOT exercising such authority. If he really were standing with the HGPRB, he'd be wacking the SSP on the OAH appeals: no such action from Lawn Chair Larry.

Yet. That we know of.

Remember that Hogan vetoed SB 741 last year which created this OAH additional step and rubber stamp mess. Who knows why he didn't direct the MSP to stop issuing permits with restrictions after he had won re-election, maybe it was to keep "low" through the upcoming legislative session.

Now that the MGA went back for another bite at the apple Hogan has shown, again, that this particular citizen oversight board is the closest pro 2A position that we have seen him take and I would be pleasantly surprised but not shocked to find that this direction to the LD might be forthcoming.

If he does I seriously doubt that he will hold a presser to announce it but in fact we would find out through or by the antis, some of whom happen to be very chummy with certain troopers assigned to the LD. :innocent0

If Hogan wants to primary Trump he needs more on his resume than just the HPRB.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Let me ask an honest question what is Maryland afraid of ?

When Wash. DC opened up permits and CC , i don't recall blood in the street . Please tell me if DC had an uptick in CC holders jacking people up . And would the criminals be slightly on edge running up to someone and knifing them or even carjacking worrying about coming up against an armed citizen .

What is the issue ???

Control

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    How long do they have to over ride his veto?
    Was also wondering what this would do to Larrys NRA rating ... if that matters as much any more.

dgough

Aug 13, 2018
    Veto

Well at least he learned how to say no after getting smacked on his other pieces of legislation.:lol:

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    It just occured to me - Hogan CAN direct the MSPLD NOT to take those appeals to the OAH - but he is NOT exercising such authority. If he really were standing with the HGPRB, he'd be wacking the SSP on the OAH appeals: no such action from Lawn Chair Larry.

No surprise, he could have whispered in Pallozzi’s ear to make self defense GS years ago or at least after his re-election.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Term 2, day 149, only if the humidity is 73% or less and if no one hit the Mega Millions the night before.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Anyone have an idea of how long before new board members are appointed to HPRB. Website has not been updated and no new hearing dates issued?

j5689

Feb 3, 2017
    Riva, MD
    How long do they have to over ride his veto?
    Was also wondering what this would do to Larrys NRA rating ... if that matters as much any more.

They'll be overriding his veto in the next legislative session, so anybody who wants to try to get a permit while the HPRB is still around has until January. There is very little chance of the veto not being overrode, the bill was passed with a veto-proof majority in both chambers of the General Assembly.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Now we need to put the pressure on the MGA to NOT vote to override the veto. We have the time.

I tried to meet with my local representative... and he was not somewhat hostile, it has blown off our appointment two times now.

I'm somewhat certain they will attempt to override it.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    WTF do women being present have to do with it?

These were the woman present at the last bill signing. You know, those ones that gave us the Red Flag, banned bump stocks and "rapid fire trigger devices".

Attachments

• Hogan Traitor.jpg
      Hogan Traitor.jpg
      109.7 KB · Views: 173

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Anyone have an idea of how long before new board members are appointed to HPRB. Website has not been updated and no new hearing dates issued?

The million dollar question.

I'd like to know this also. I'd like to start a pool on who here gets in front of them.....when.

I was 12/10, almost 6 months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom