• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am running a Uniden BCD996P2,Whistler 1095 and a RS Pro197 scanners here at home. My Uniden and Whistler can receive all the different typs of radio formats being used by public safety agencies in MD. You can pick up Howard county PS police and fire by using a Uniden BCD996P2,and or newer models and Newer Whistler models as well. Each unit can run you from $350 up to $750 for the latest model from Uniden. You can also get a unification G5 Pager that will do the major radio formats used in this area as well and they will run you about $599 to $699 IFRC. If you want to take a hand held scanner with you I would recommend the Uniden BCD436hp hand held scanner. Also you will need to software to program it and it does help to have a yearly membership to Radio Reference where you can do a direct download of everything you will need to listen to HC. Shoot me a PM if you want anymore info. I have the software for Uniden,Whistler and RS to program them plus the yearly membership to RR as well

PM sent.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I take it you might have the Uniden BCD996P2 since it will pick up Monkey County and will do phase 2 to pick up MD First.. Did you go the upgrades on it as well? It is one of my 4 scanners digital scanners that I am using.I also have the software to program it if you need any help in adding anything to it. Shoot me a PM. I am right here in Aspen Hill or shall I say Aspirin Hill since I am about 100yrds from MCFD Station 25 right outside of South Leisure World gate

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I had the pleasure of having motorcoachdoug over to the Stove Palace this morning to program a scanner for me. He really knows his stuff, got me all connected and squared away and was good company to boot.

Thanks again MCD! Check your inbox.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I had the pleasure of having motorcoachdoug over to the Stove Palace this morning to program a scanner for me. He really knows his stuff, got me all connected and squared away and was good company to boot.

Thanks again MCD! Check your inbox.

How about you set it next to a computer and broadcastify it so I can go back to clicking a button on my phone? :)
    I really miss having it at my fingertips, especially the archive function.

We do but Howard County is selling it. (Or their share?, I can find out)
    Problem for Hoco is now they will have to request air support from AA County and if it’s not available we’re screwed.
    Make no mistake, Calvin Ball does NOT like the police department. He’s also wasting money by having a four officers assigned to his protective detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can and do also request aviation assistance from Baltimore County in the southern part of HOCO and Trooper 1.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    For your iPhone/ iPad go to the App Store and select “ 5-0 Radio”. You can select by state and county.

Attachments

• 28A9891E-95F5-4A77-9BFD-281D5604D969.jpg
      28A9891E-95F5-4A77-9BFD-281D5604D969.jpg
      63.1 KB · Views: 222

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    incidentally, the Howard County scanner is back up on the scanner apps and webpage/broadcastify .

Thanks!
    No I'll be able to hear it when my business gets looted during the apocalypse.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Main problem is with the online PD broadcast is they might scan after a call goes out where you miss the reply, they might switch to a different channel to use and the scanner does not switch over to that channel to cover that incident that you want to listen to, the pd also know its live and they switch over to local tac channel or talk around to keep it off the dispatch channel. The latest scanner by Uniden to come out that will handle motorola phase 1 and phase 2, which the MD 1st Respond system is on and all the state government is now using plus its built to handle simulcast broadcasting where the portable scanners in the past had some trouble picking it up, is the Uniden SDS100 and the mobile unit is the SDS200. They are pricey and you can also download,for a fee of course, from uniden 3 other type systems that some departments are using as well. I am using a commercial type portable and mobile unit to listen to them but you really need to know what you are doing to program a motorola unit so it will NOT affiliate to that system thus the possibility of placing PD,FD lives in danger if you program it wrong, and its against federal law to affiliate to any public safety system unless you have the permission from the system manger to affiliate. If you go the commercial radio route, you need the software, somehow you will need to get the system key software, programming cable and a person who knows how to do it without affiliating as well. I had some great folks teach me how to do it from a different form that I belong to. If you have any questions give me a PM and will give you a hand..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom