• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    If properly done, you can barely tell there is series 80 lockwork in it. And I have never seen nor heard of a properly timed and prepped series 80 system causing problems. If its fouling, the extractor and firing pin will cause problems first.

No issue with preference, we all have our own. Debates are good. :)

If you can barely tell, it means you can tell. I have seen some that were pretty good and some that were not. I have also seen some '70 series that were not all that they should be. It is much easier to tune the original design than the lawyered up one. A properly done trigger will feel lighter than it is. The biggest problem is finding someone who is good enough to do it right.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    The only way you consciously would feel it is if you knew what you were feeling for. And it wouldn’t be while handling and shooting the pistol. Most shooters don’t know a series 70 from a series 80 trigger by feel, they just know if it is a good or not so good trigger. I personally think the striker block was more pronounced in the M&P Pro9 I had.

Debating the nuances of each system could go on. My personal take from real world experience is it just bad advice to advise against a 1911 simply because it has a Series 80 lockwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom