• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They’ve lowered the price point of some, aka China made, so low budget hunters can say they have a Leupold. But their high end expensive stuff is very good
    Which Leupold-branded scopes are made in China?

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    They are like a lot of companies.

1) Low cost lines. They have low cost lines, made overseas, to compete purely on price.

2) Lack of QC, many companies have found it is cheaper to provide after sales service than the go GOOD QC up front.

Leupold went low a few years ago and I think it has allowed others to go high end on them. If nothing but from a prestige point, you don't want to put a $2k scope on a $$ rifle and have others think the scope came from Walmart which is now possible with Leupold.

They may have made more $$ in the short term by going cheap with the low end overseas lines but it will hurt them. Will also hurt them when those companies keep making them after Leupold has their quota for the year/contract. Sure, they may not mark them Leupold nor will it have their warranty but if they are sold at 1/2 the price many will buy them and further dilute their market.

They’ve lowered the price point of some, aka China made, so low budget hunters can say they have a Leupold. But their high end expensive stuff is very good

Where did the Leupold made in China originate?

This is copied directly from Leuopld’s website:
    Leupold riflescopes are all designed, machined, and assembled in our Beaverton Oregon manufacturing facility. We do not have any other riflescope manufacturing facilities or offices anywhere in the world.

Looks pretty clear to me.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Which Leupold-branded scopes are made in China?

Where did the Leupold made in China originate?

This is copied directly from Leuopld’s website:
    Leupold riflescopes are all designed, machined, and assembled in our Beaverton Oregon manufacturing facility. We do not have any other riflescope manufacturing facilities or offices anywhere in the world.

Looks pretty clear to me.

Yeah, what's up with that? :tap: I buy them and Redfield Revolutions specifically because they say USA :patriot:

And I'm in the market for another...

If they start making chinesium...will there be any scopes I can buy :shrug:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    For me, looking through basically any trijicon or zeiss scope killed any chance of me getting a fancier line of Leopold. For the money of any level Leopold, there's other brands that are better.

I just bought my first Leupold. For a 10/22 takedown.

I went to Cabelas and looked and handled all the higher end rimfire scopes. And price/features the Leupold was best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom