• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Remember they are not a state so their might be different laws in effect their.. I hope Fredricksted and Christansted are not damaged to much. I was their for 16 days with a group of 45 collage students after Hugo went thru in the mid 80's. We replaced 18 roofs and half a church roof while we were their.. had a blast

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Following the seizures of private owned firearms in NO, NRA filed a suit, resulting in:

In 2006, moreover, President George W. Bush signed into law the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, which contained an NRA-backed amendment sponsored by Sen. David Vitter (R-La.). The amendment prohibits persons acting under color of federal law, receiving federal funds, or acting at the direction of a federal employee from seizing or authorizing the seizure of lawfully-possessed firearms or imposing or enforcing certain restrictions on firearms during a state of emergency.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Following the seizures of private owned firearms in NO, NRA filed a suit, resulting in:

In 2006, moreover, President George W. Bush signed into law the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, which contained an NRA-backed amendment sponsored by Sen. David Vitter (R-La.). The amendment prohibits persons acting under color of federal law, receiving federal funds, or acting at the direction of a federal employee from seizing or authorizing the seizure of lawfully-possessed firearms or imposing or enforcing certain restrictions on firearms during a state of emergency.

Thank you, that was the law I was refuring to. I do believe the VI just had a lawsuit over banning handguns where the juge said that the 2a does indeed apply to territories, and a few days later the gov passed a $1000 taxon all handguns.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    If they want to ignore the law we should ignore their cries for aid and assistance after the storm hits.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Doesn't the USVGI National Guard have its own guns & ammo?

May 13, 2005
    I think the citizens of the Virgin Islands should pre-emptively confiscate the weapons of the people who would come to confiscate their weapons. **** that shit. When a Gubmint gets to that level of tyranny it's game on.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    If you read the order it states "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma. " Boy would the Democrats love to be able to that here in the States. And the chances of getting them back "Not untill you pass a background check and wait 60 days". Excuse me sir can I have my truck back also. Chris

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you read the order it states "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma. Chris

So they plan to shoot Irma?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    So they plan to shoot Irma?

The USVGI governor is a product of modern Disney culture. Somebody should explain to him that just because we sometimes give inanimate objects human attributes and names, it doesn't make them human.

And if it did, we couldn't just shoot Irma without properly charging, trying, and convicting her first.

He must have missed -0-'s eight-year long Constitutional law course on multiple counts -- 2A and due process. Or not.

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    If you read the order it states "U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma. "

Why don't they just invoke the Militia Act? "We need you and your gun, NOW."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom