• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Hmm, I recall Wayne La Pierre saying "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

how prophetic.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Is the guy truly considered a civilian though? They said he's an investigator for the county attorney, isn't that sort of LE?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Is the guy truly considered a civilian though? They said he's an investigator for the county attorney, isn't that sort of LE?

Probably but he is an armed good guy likely dressed in street clothes who stopped an armed bad guy. This is still a good thing.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think he'd be considered part of the CJ system, not necessarily law enforcement. But the important thing in my mind is he was a CCW who stopped a bad guy from killing more people.

as stated, that's a good thing.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Probably but he is an armed good guy likely dressed in street clothes who stopped an armed bad guy. This is still a good thing.

I wasn't trying to discount his actions; he did an excellent job. Just noticing that his profession may give the media an "excuse" why he was carrying a gun.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I wasn't trying to discount his actions; he did an excellent job. Just noticing that his profession may give the media an "excuse" why he was carrying a gun.

The first thing that crossed my mind after reading your first post.

This is true. We certainly can't expect the libtards to apply rational thought to this incident. It's not like they are going to wake up tomorrow and say "hey, maybe guns ain't so bad after all". :sad20:

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    According to the most recent (last Saturday 1/31/2015) episode of "On The Media" from NPR there is a myth that guns being used for self defense.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/01/defensive-gun-ownership-myth-114262.html#.VNATCC6kPuN

I almost shot my radio out when I heard this turd spewing his shit.

Despite hundreds of stories a week of people defending their properties or lives with deadly force this POS reporter cherry picked stories where the gun owner got it wrong in order to represent the entire gun community.

There was absolutely no counter-balance to this story. The interviewer did nothing to pull facts out of the interviewee except just affirming what was being said.

What I don't get with all this is do they really want us to turn up like England or France, completely defenseless against violence?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The media will no doubt play it as a law enforcement shooting and bury it, since he was some kind of investigator for the local district attorney. Now if it hadn't been a good shoot, then of course we'd have a national story about an armed citizen, with the LE tie-in mentioned at the end, if it was mentioned at all.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The media will no doubt play it as a law enforcement shooting and bury it, since he was some kind of investigator for the local district attorney. Now if it hadn't been a good shoot, then of course we'd have a national story about an armed citizen, with the LE tie-in mentioned at the end, if it was mentioned at all.

His status is similar to that of the guy from NJ who shot some Bubba on the BW parkway two years ago.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

You're right.

The second article says he pulled his service gun. :sad20:
    Anything to make it look like he wasn't just an average citizen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom