• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Youngest shot her air rifle in the Bsmt for years before getting a SCATT system. Electrician putty does a great job stopping pellets. Target box held the USAS air rifle target in front of a piece of Masonite and worked very well.

a6a112d98c13260830521e38b9f717e8.jpg

Years ago, I made a Duct-Seal pellet trap like yours. But, instead of the plain masonite, I bought a couple clip-boards, then cut out the center leaving a frame to hold the targets. I routed a groove on each side of the box to drop the clip-boards down and hold them in place.

Mine came out looking like a double-wide version of this:

0dd09b5a6179db999cbc5e882af857c3.jpg

JoeR

tjaw

Nov 14, 2014
    Monkton, MD.
    Basement Range is such a great idea...

I have thought about setting up a basement range. Maybe it is time to do it. I have small bunch of BB and pellet handsuns and rifles. And of course, a Red Ryder is one of the rifles. 8)

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    We had some friends over to the house on Saturday. Apart from an hour of shooting fun before dinner, the basement range provided hands-on familiarization to a new shooter. She often self-identifies with "I'm anti-gun" when the topic comes up, but I think it's just lack of understanding. Her husband is not anti-gun and wants some guns, but he's having a tough time getting her buy-in. Well, she seemed to be having fun seeing the results of her efforts behind the pistol. Maybe it will help soften her objections, I don't know. But it was an opportunity to teach safety and sell the 2A.

fogman

Nice! I set up a range earlier this year and had that same problem. The new 300 round mag for the DPMS works really well. I also converted it to HPA so there's no drop off. A 13ci bottle is good for ~1200 shots. New problem: the trigger is so heavy(~10#) that I now pull it with my middle finger because my index finger gets worn out.

I'm looking forward to opening up the bottle regulator and seeing how different pressures affect the performance over the winter. I've got a 10 yard shot in my living room. I made a cover for my television to make sure I don't accidentally put a round through it :D

i-5cw5bmR-M.jpg

I also converted a KWA for the same reason. I made a little holster/bottle holder that has a speed loader in the pocket for convenience. I go through 18 rounds so fast on this thing. Reloading was immediately a huge issue but with a few modifications to the magazine(drilled a loading hole/altered the slider so it holds in place) and the old school cheapo speed loader its a lot faster now.

I got it intentionally because the reviews said it was very inefficient--which means it's wasting a lot of gas on a strong recoil. That's not an issue with HPA and makes it a blast to shoot. The trigger is very good--tested at 3#.

i-ksZvV5K-M.jpg

Do you have more detailed pics/parts list of the SBR conversion? I might have to keep this in mind for a new project.

TTBJ

Apr 10, 2018
    Howard County
    My target box in a small size moving box.

Attachments

• 靶箱 02.jpg
      靶箱 02.jpg
      53.6 KB · Views: 70
    • 靶箱 04.jpg
      靶箱 04.jpg
      52.7 KB · Views: 72
    • 靶箱 01.jpg
      靶箱 01.jpg
      57.4 KB · Views: 75

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts