• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Okay, we are setup. Which brace option do you guys prefer? The folding brace or the PDW collapsible?

if your talking about the gearhead works model brace, id think the sb tactical would be much less harsh on the shoulder, If accidently shouldered that is :).

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    if your talking about the gearhead works model brace, id think the sb tactical would be much less harsh on the shoulder, If accidently shouldered that is :).

The GearHead brace is a problem for 2 reasons. First there is almost zero cheek weld on the skinny rail. Second, unless you put a substantial riser on your red dot, you’ll really have to scrunch down to get a proper line of sight. So much that its uncomfortable to shoot.

I’ve shot both and the SB Tactical is much better.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    The GearHead brace is a problem for 2 reasons. First there is almost zero cheek weld on the skinny rail. Second, unless you put a substantial riser on your red dot, you’ll really have to scrunch down to get a proper line of sight. So much that its uncomfortable to shoot.

I’ve shot both and the SB Tactical is much better.

You put it much more eloquently than I could :)

PIPES

Apr 6, 2013
    These look awesome. Kind of waiting for more people to test the waters before jumping in though.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've asked that before and no one could give me a straight answer.
    AR-9s are not standardized to anything like the same degree that AR-5.56s are. That's the reason. They are also, to some extent, evolving to a much greater degree - it's only recently that we've seen non-blowback (CMMG's system) and better extractors (AR-15-style) come into play, and both of those were major developments.

Further, making them work is also a little trickier than some people give them credit for, especially if you're going off the beaten path at all. I went through an entire saga recently where I replaced a whole bunch of action system parts in my home-built AR-9 SBR before I finally got it working acceptably - and some of the mods in the end required cutting springs and dremeling the lower to make the BCG fit correctly. It's a nice shooter now, but it sure didn't start that way.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    AR-9s are not standardized to anything like the same degree that AR-5.56s are. That's the reason. They are also, to some extent, evolving to a much greater degree - it's only recently that we've seen non-blowback (CMMG's system) and better extractors (AR-15-style) come into play, and both of those were major developments.

Further, making them work is also a little trickier than some people give them credit for, especially if you're going off the beaten path at all. I went through an entire saga recently where I replaced a whole bunch of action system parts in my home-built AR-9 SBR before I finally got it working acceptably - and some of the mods in the end required cutting springs and dremeling the lower to make the BCG fit correctly. It's a nice shooter now, but it sure didn't start that way.

and that's kind of why I was wondering about it. Just never made sense why a plastic gun like the scorpion cost what it does, and that's not even the worst culprit. B&T ghm 9 and the jp enterprises pcc are even worse.

Its like damn , you can get "Gucci model " ar-15's for what those cost and have money left over.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    :lol2: My three year old 9mm AR still isn't 100%.
    I wrote a whole blog post about my saga:
    https://hebrewhammerblog.com/2019/10/04/the-saga-of-how-i-fixed-my-ar-9-sbr/

PCCs are a ton of fun, but they are finicky little SOBs. Also, the SP9A1 also regularly sells for ~$650-$700, and that is really not a ton of money for an imported, well-designed 9mm rifle (well, "pistol"). The flood of cheap ARs has really distorted what prices look like for literally everything else in the market.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I wrote a whole blog post about my saga:
    https://hebrewhammerblog.com/2019/10/04/the-saga-of-how-i-fixed-my-ar-9-sbr/

PCCs are a ton of fun, but they are finicky little SOBs. Also, the SP9A1 also regularly sells for ~$650-$700, and that is really not a ton of money for an imported, well-designed 9mm rifle (well, "pistol"). The flood of cheap ARs has really distorted what prices look like for literally everything else in the market.

I would agree here. the Stribog seems a little better priced for what you get compared to the others. I'm actually taking a hard look at the sbtactical braced model. Shame we cant get these damn things to 29 OAL to make sbr's :(

Edit: cant get to 29 OAL with out going to far lengths and using magical tricks...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I don't know, it's 14.74" with no adapter, no buffer tube, etc. If you were willing to perma-pin a muzzle device, use an A5 tube, and/or use a Magpul ACS stock, I bet you could get it there.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    You lost me at reciprocating bolt charging handle. I'll stick with my CZ. I had a chance to shoot my BIL's MP5 clone and the roller delayed blowback is much smoother than the blow back action of my AR9 or the CZ. However the MP5 is much heavier and doesn't have a LRBHO. Non reciprocating and LRBHO are huge for me personally.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I don't know, it's 14.74" with no adapter, no buffer tube, etc. If you were willing to perma-pin a muzzle device, use an A5 tube, and/or use a Magpul ACS stock, I bet you could get it there.

I bought my scorpion evo in rifle form due to the same idea of it being a real pita to get to 29 inches from pistol form to make 29 OAL.

I kind of wish I just bought the braced pistol and been done with it now. Only option is likely have the barrel cut on the rifle and then pay stamp as I don't know of any other places that sell barrels for evos but cz, which makes a pistol length and the rifle length as far as I know.

DaytonaGreg

Apr 14, 2014
    Severn, MD
    You sell the NEW STRIBOG and it’s legal to buy & own in MD?
    If so, how much for the basic package, which I assume has 3 10 round mags???

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom