• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    A friend and I would like to build a pair of poly 80 glockenstien pistols. Looking full size and in 9 mm.

My request, we want to do this first one as inexpensive as possible. I ask the mds wisdom for any good suppliers or deals on parts we would need for the complete build.

Thanks in advance, TD

I've built 13 glock clones in various calibers. The cheapest one I built was a G22 with a police trade in slide bought off ebay. Total on the build was slightly more than $400. The slide came with trijicon night sights and an upgraded guide rod. Try JSD supply for full kits. I bought my G20 slide, 2 mags and lower parts kit from them at the NRA show last year in Harrisburg. with the frame it cost $525 total

A little advice from someone who made a huge mistake on his first build. Although it's not required, when you go to drill your pin holes use some short wood screws and screw the jig together tightly. There are places on the jig for the screws. The pistol frame can move a tiny bit in the frame if it's not screwed tight and that tiny bit of movement can cause your holes not to align. Make sure you drill one side and then turn the jig around and drill the other side. I recommend a hand drill with a bubble level built in. Luckily for my mistake polymer80 has an awesome warranty and they sent me a new frame after I sent them a pic of the original cut in half. Also don't use the end mill that comes in the box. I did the first 4 or 5 with a dremel and then found that a good pair of snips worked a lot better to trim the excess plastic from the frame. Snips like these. https://hwebber.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/osborne_94_end_nippers_sq-600x600.jpg

I also used red loctite on the screws that hold the locking block in place

There are a ton of really good videos online on how to finish these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom