• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob b

c@r collecting
    looking to get a pellet rifle maybe leaning toward 22 cal
    will be used for small game and just general fun

I was looking at the ruger Yukon magnum or the Umarex Gauntlet PCP Air Rifle

but I know nothing about the rifles good bad or junk ones to avoid

also if it has a noise dampener that's fine either way

thanks for the help

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Benjamin Discovery is a great entry into PCP. Basic rifle is pretty decent, and you can add mods to your heart's content. A TKO moderator and pellet trap also makes it backyard/basement friendly.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    The Ruger Targis is a good 22 cal air gun with a suppressor. The only problem I have with the one I shoot is that it is very picky with pellets and accuracy. However, I've been told that is typical with air rifles.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    I'm using a gamo whisper fusion mach 1 in .22.

It's got 4 groundhogs to its name, it loves any pellet I have put into it to-date. Furthest shot to date was 25 yards put behind the ear using whatever scope was mounted to it. I'd question lethality past 30 yards, but that's beyond any shot I'd be taking on my property. I've managed all shots ~20 yards to be exactly where I want them. Scope is also removable and returns to zero when re-installed.

It's quiet enough that the neighbor can be signing for a pizza delivery and I can hit a groundhog and nobody even notice. Just slightly louder than a car trunk shutting.

HD1200S

May 6, 2013
    Benjamin Blue Streak

Its old, never been serviced and shoots straight as an arrow. It's a 20 cal but it will drop rabbits at 20 yards every time. I started shooting this air rifle at the age of 8 and I am now in my 50's.

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    I purchased a Benjamin Mayhem in 22 last year for dispatching small critters. I am very pleased with it for noise, accuracy and take down power. Raccoons and squirrels that overstay their welcome dont stand a chance. It packs about the same energy as a .22CB for around $.01 a shot. .177 and .22 pellets are both carried in store at walmart compared to the other odd calibers that you can only get online. You can fit a lifetime supply of .22 pellets in a 50 cal ammo can.

cec9796

Nov 15, 2008
    Elkton, Cecil County, MD
    I have 3 Beemans, two pistol P-1 and P-2 and the rifle is an RX-2 in .22 The RX-2 is a cannon, but it takes about 50 lbs to cock. PCP's are a great option and will be my next airgun purchase.

Pop Van

Dec 4, 2016
    YouTube

There is a wealth of information on YouTube. Find a gun you might like and then watch the YouTube reviews. It is my go to air gun information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom