Snow Goose Conversation stamp?

Anything else?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    md and fed waterfowl stamp, no need for snow goose

I don't see specifically what you are saying.
    Is this done all from Compass or compass and somewhere else?

See what I see below:

Attachments

• huntingstamps.jpg
      huntingstamps.jpg
      65.8 KB · Views: 453

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    You'll want your Federal Duck Stamp and the "Migratory Game Bird & HIP".

As said before, you can go to your local post office and get the fed stamp $2 cheaper and won't have to wait on it to be mailed.

The snow goose conservation permit is only for certain late season snow goose hunts (it's also worth noting that for snow geese, a MD license and stamps have reciprocity in DE). There's also places that offer lotteries for goose pits (typically state parks on the eastern shore). If you win that lottery, you'll need your Managed Hunt Permit.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    OK, now things are getting more clear.
    So for the post office trip, do I need to bring my son w/ me or his DNRID or can I just buy 2 stamps for he and I?

The fed stamps then go in my zip lock w/ my MD license?

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    The site has it listed as Federal Duck stamp. But it is actually the federal waterfowl stamp. Not sure why it is $27 instead of $25 though.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    So for the post office trip, do I need to bring my son w/ me or his DNRID or can I just buy 2 stamps for he and I?

You can buy as many stamps as you want. Fed stamp is supposed to be put on the back of your license and signed but I just leave mine in the bag with my license. Mainly because I have to print a new license every time I add something (snow goose conservation stamp, 2016 fishing license, bonus buck, etc)

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County

You don't need a hunting license to buy them (some people collect them).

Just walk in and ask for a "federal duck stamp"

you can either stick the stamp to your license, or not. If you don't, you have to sign the stamp.

Scrapdawg

Jan 10, 2011
    Frederick County
    Maryland Migratory Game Bird Stamp $9.00

This stamp is required for all persons who hunt migratory game birds (coots, doves, rails, snipe, waterfowl, and woodcock), including persons not required to have a hunting license and holders of senior hunting licenses. Hunters must possess the printed receipt showing proof of purchase of the Maryland Migratory Game Bird Stamp while hunting migratory game birds. Hunters are not required to sign and attach the Maryland Migratory Game Bird Stamp to their license. The Harvest Information Program (HIP) permit (see Migratory Game Birds) is issued in conjunction with the Maryland Migratory Game Bird Stamp.

Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp
    •At U.S. Post Offices and at http://duckstamp.com $25.00
    •From DNR sport license agents, DNR online licensing, by phone (1-855-855-3906), and DNR Licensing and Registration Service Centers $27.00

This stamp (the federal duck stamp) is required for all waterfowl hunters, including those who are not required to purchase a hunting license. Hunters under the age of 16 are exempt. The federal duck stamp must be signed in ink to be valid. If you order your stamp online, http://duckstamp.com, you will receive a purchase code. If you purchase your stamp from a sport license agent, DNR online licensing, or a DNR Licensing and Registration Center, you will receive a printed receipt. Both the purchase code and the printed receipt will be accepted as evidence of the purchase for 45 days and must be possessed while hunting waterfowl and coots. The paper stamp will be mailed to the purchaser. The proof of purchase will expire after 45 days after which purchaser must then possess the stamp, signed in ink, while hunting waterfowl and coots. The federal duck stamp does not have to be attached to the hunting license.

Missing Federal Duck Stamp: If you do not receive your federal duck stamp within 2-3 weeks after purchase via DNR online or by phone, please email duckstamp@amplex.com or call 1-800-852-4897.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    The site has it listed as Federal Duck stamp. But it is actually the federal waterfowl stamp. Not sure why it is $27 instead of $25 though.
    Because they have to mail it to you and this adds a little cost. $2, perhaps not quite that much cost... lol

and the post above is spot on... you need both the state and federal migratory game bird stamps and a valid license to hunt geese or ducks in MD. Fed stamp must be signed in ink and carried with your license while hunting waterfowl or migratory birds. I choose to not affix mine either (no longer required) as I occasionally reprint my license if it gets tattered and torn (which it often does).

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Call the post office before going to get the federal duck stamp. Some post offices don't have them.

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    I called the DNR to confirm the OP's original question and was told I only need a Maryland Migratory Game Bird Stamp, not the federal also to hunt canada geese. My friend said the DNR person was an idiot and this forum only confirms that haha

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Your friend is correct. :lol2:

Any migratory birds - coots, doves, rails, snipe, waterfowl, and woodcock require the State stamp and I know all waterfowl and I 'think' all migratory birds listed for the state stamp requirements also require the Federal Migratory stamp.

Some don't realize that dove and woodcock fall into those categories, but they do. Don't get caught without both stamps (proof of purchase for the State stamp).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom