• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    A friend has a G + S reason to carry. Took the appropriate classes, fingerprinted, and submitted his application. He received a postcard back from MSP that they received his application and has a cancelled check. He called MSP and they lost the paperwork, MSP told him to resubmit all paperwork and get fingerprinted again. Probably an honest mistake, but how does one go about getting reimbursed for the initial money that was spent?

thumbert

Mar 23, 2015
    SOMD
    A friend has a G + S reason to carry. Took the appropriate classes, fingerprinted, and submitted his application. He received a postcard back from MSP that they received his application and has a cancelled check. He called MSP and they lost the paperwork, MSP told him to resubmit all paperwork and get fingerprinted again. Probably an honest mistake, but how does one go about getting reimbursed for the initial money that was spent?

You don't.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

Did your friend maintain copies of the original paperwork?

If so... maybe a pro 2A Attorney can be of great service in getting things expedited.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Call the Commander of LD and complain. If that doesn't get you anywhere file a complaint with the MSP.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Call the Commander of LD and complain. If that doesn't get you anywhere file a complaint with the MSP.

Ah yes, file a complaint with the same org that just lost all information necessary to steal your identity in total. Call back in a week to ask for status of your complaint. Person who answers phone says, "we have no record of your complaint sir."

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This. If the friend's account is accurate, MSP does not tolerate embarrassing screwups like this lightly.

I filed a complaint online about a certain LD SGT that we knew well. Seems I was not alone. I got a phone call from MSP a few weeks later. Note that he is no longer in the LD. The process works. The more pressure applied the better it works.

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    RD, he did.
    He has a strong case for GS and I don't foresee him not getting it.
    Agree with a Pro2A attorney, but unless he can find an attorney that will do it pro bono, getting one MAY end up costing more than just resubmitting $ and paperwork.

Others, he went up the chain, but the response was that there is not much that can be done without paperwork.

At this point, he is resigned to the fact that he will be starting over. :sad20:

Did your friend maintain copies of the original paperwork?

If so... maybe a pro 2A Attorney can be of great service in getting things expedited.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I have never heard of this happening.

If this is as you say it is then it sucks for your buddy but in reality we are only talking about being out $54.50 for fingerprints and possibly the time spent filling out the application if he didn't keep a copy.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I have never heard of this happening.

If this is as you say it is then it sucks for your buddy but in reality we are only talking about being out $54.50 for fingerprints and possibly the time spent filling out the application if he didn't keep a copy.

Perhaps he sent it with a return receipt. You get the little green postcard looking thing back to confirm the package was received.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Perhaps he sent it with a return receipt. You get the little green postcard looking thing back to confirm the package was received.

That's what I did. Anything dealing with any licenses, I cert/return receipt. Makes it easier to take to court..and always make copies

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You're right, forgot about those. You can get a receipt emailed now.

I was thinking of a traditional postcard that said Greetings from lovely Pikesville!

LOL

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have more than a few permits from numerous states. Never had a single issue using regular snail mail.

MSP: "Customer service? What's that?"

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I routinely help a security company in VA get their MD permits. This happens ALL THE TIME! For example I called to check on the status of a client's application just last week and they said he'd been approved in APRIL but admitted they never bothered to send out his card. She just said "well that's interesting" and told me to have the client call. They've lost whole (hand delivered) applications, checks for fees, and various pages. The OPs friends experience is far from isolated. Nothing to be done but to send in what they ask for. Again.
    Such a frustrating organization to deal with and the worst part is that it doesn't have to be like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom