• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Great public presentation by civil rights attorney today. Interesting discussion on constitutionality of wear and carry laws as they pertain to minorities and those in lower socioeconomic positions. This group is fighting for our rights and those normally underserved. I highly recommend supporting Maryland Shall Issue. Very inexpensive membership with great benefits. www.marylandshallissue.org

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'd give it a solid B. As interesting as the discussion was for those of us who know and are familiar with the racist roots of MD gun laws this did nothing for those who were there to determine how they might obtain a carry permit.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    They offered personal assistance with application process what else were you looking for ? They can't offer legal advice but the gentleman said to contact him personally with any questions during the membership meeting. If you are a member just email them and you'll get all the help you need.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Anything regarding the latest from the Supreme Court validating the 4th circuit's 2013 law?

It appears any legal avenue, on any gun law in MD, is non-existent given the latest set back. The only way things will change is legislative and since we are in MD it's all over until some liberal justices die or retire while Trump is in office.

Curious what MSI's next step would be.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Sorry I missed it. Does he do lobbying work, too? Maybe somebody with a real understanding and street cred on the racist roots of gun control should have a one-on-one sit-down with the black members of the MD delegation, and explain to them what they don't know about this and educate them as to how they're still being misled and controlled by the white Left. Just a thought.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Mr. Pettit wa asked if he was involved with the legislative process and he answered he was not.

That doesn't mean we should not use him as a resource in the future if he is amenable to it.

SCOTUS denied CERT in Woolard.. That is not validating the 4th circuit's decision according to lawyers, leaving me confused. If they disagreed, they would have issued the writ.

But IANAL either.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    SCOTUS denied CERT in Woolard.. That is not validating the 4th circuit's decision according to lawyers, leaving me confused. If they disagreed, they would have issued the writ.

Right, they just didn't take the case vs. acknowledgement. In my mind, that is a legal technical argument that makes no difference. They just don't want to give up hope as then MSI is without purpose.

I'm afraid since the Supreme Court currently won't take 2nd Amendment cases we are stuck until the court changes faces. That could take a very long time and if a pro-2A president isn't elected in 2020 it could be all over for decades to come.

I'm glad there are people who fight for MD 2A rights but I just don't see MD getting back rights in my lifetime. In fact, I think it's going to get a lot worse when Hogan is gone.

Sorry I missed it. Does he do lobbying work, too? Maybe somebody with a real understanding and street cred on the racist roots of gun control should have a one-on-one sit-down with the black members of the MD delegation, and explain to them what they don't know about this and educate them as to how they're still being misled and controlled by the white Left. Just a thought.

My thoughts as well.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Right, they just didn't take the case vs. acknowledgement. In my mind, that is a legal technical argument that makes no difference. They just don't want to give up hope as then MSI is without purpose.

I'm afraid since the Supreme Court currently won't take 2nd Amendment cases we are stuck until the court changes faces. That could take a very long time and if a pro-2A president isn't elected in 2020 it could be all over for decades to come.

I'm glad there are people who fight for MD 2A rights but I just don't see MD getting back rights in my lifetime. In fact, I think it's going to get a lot worse when Hogan is gone.

I strongly disagree. MSI has multiple goals, some being education and promoting safety and promoting pro 2A legislation that has nothing to do with carry. Ie., the HQL lawsuit.

MSI is not a single issue organization, despite it's name.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    They offered personal assistance with application process what else were you looking for ? They can't offer legal advice but the gentleman said to contact him personally with any questions during the membership meeting. If you are a member just email them and you'll get all the help you need.

I've got mine, but thanks. There was a lady who sat about four tables back on the left hand side. I was going to reach out to her after the meeting but she was out of there quick.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• eva.jpg
      eva.jpg
      41.1 KB · Views: 285

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line

He had a carry permit years ago but let it lapse, and just recently applied again so he has been "out of the fight" for a while. He did say it was quite an education this time around. After the meeting I did encourage him to meet with the legiscritters outside of the session, and he seemed interested in educating them.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Given the way Mr Pettit has been jerked around by MSP, I suspect he might be willing to testify in Annapolis in the upcoming session. He's ideally situated to call out the GA over the racism implicit in the gun laws they create.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I don't doubt a minute that MD's gun laws have racist roots but I'll go out on a limb here and say that Pettit wasn't jerked around by the MSP any more than the whole process is a jerk around. If I didn't turn in copies of proof of my business existence I'd get the same shortage letter he did.

Plenty of instances I can point to of MSP "goal post moving" but what I heard described yesterday wasn't even close. Perhaps he has had a harder row to hoe being a city resident but if so he did not articulate it well.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I strongly disagree. MSI has multiple goals, some being education and promoting safety and promoting pro 2A legislation that has nothing to do with carry. Ie., the HQL lawsuit.

MSI is not a single issue organization, despite it's name.

I understand. Other than safety and promotion of legislation, any legal avenues are over. I know the HQL suit is continuing and I commend the efforts. I guess there is a possibility the 4th circuit, when it gets there, could rule in their favor but the chances are so super slim I'm not sure the money required to get there is worth the effort.

I guess giving up isn't an option but depression of the reality of 2A in MD is setting in.

I am glad they help the small percentage of individuals get permits who can qualify.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I understand. Other than safety and promotion of legislation, any legal avenues are over. I know the HQL suit is continuing and I commend the efforts. I guess there is a possibility the 4th circuit, when it gets there, could rule in their favor but the chances are so super slim I'm not sure the money required to get there is worth the effort.

I guess giving up isn't an option but depression of the reality of 2A in MD is setting in.

I am glad they help the small percentage of individuals get permits who can qualify.

Stop whining.

It’s undignified and beneath our 2A tribe.

It’s not like the rest of us can’t read or process the political climate we are in. Last time I checked you are not a seer.

Read up on the Shackleton Expedition. They triumphed because they worked at the immediate challenges rather than just stare at the empty horizon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom