• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • On_Target

Feb 7, 2013
    May you dwell in the happy place full of loved ones, warm light, the sound of angelic harps and the smell of gun smoke for all time. My hats off to you Patrick, I told my wife years ago that is how I want to go. Keep a lane open for me would you? Bless your soul. I will pray for your loved ones to find peace.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Unexpected...

. I've seen some very insensitive posts on News websites that basically said he would still be alive if he had proper training.

Yeah, what else should we expect from the media...any opportunity to further the agenda. I mean after all, none of the people who received driver Ed training are ever involved in accidents, right? Highly trained cruise liner captains are never involved in accidents right? Just a little more training and he would never have made a mistake.

cfoltyd

Mar 8, 2013
    Patrick Allen "Smiley" Richards

Patrick Allen "Smiley" Richards, 61, of Hughesville, MD, formerly of Brandywine, MD passed away on March 2, 2013 in Waldorf, MD. He was born on September 25, 1951 in Bethesda, MD to Edna (McCracken) and John Francis "Sam" Richards of St. Inigoes, MD.

Pat devoted more than 35 years to his law enforcement career. He served ten years at the Prince George's County Sheriff's Department, before moving to the Prince George's County Police Department. During his tenure as commander of the training academy, he implemented non-lethal techniques for detaining suspects; the community lauded his work as a means of minimizing use of force by the department. He retired as a Major from the department in 2001. For the last ten years, Pat worked for the Department of State, Office of Anti-Terrorism Assistance. He was an experienced firearms enthusiast, and enjoyed fitness, history, and especially enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren.

In addition to his parents, Patrick is survived by his loving wife of 35 years, Petria Lynn Richards of Hughesville, MD; daughter and son-in-law, Kelli Lynn Horn and Carl William Horn, II of Chesapeake Beach, MD; son, Kyle Stuart Richards of California, MD; mother and father in-law, Norman B. Walker and Patricia Walker; and his grandchildren, Ryan Alexandra Horn and Carl William "Liam" Horn, III.

Family and friends will be received for Patrick's Memorial Life Celebration Gathering on Saturday, March 9, 2013 from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM at Brinsfield-Echols Funeral Home, P.A., 30195 Three Notch Road, Charlotte Hall, MD 20622. There will be a Memorial Service beginning at 5:00 PM, here at the funeral home. Rev. Martha Bonwitt will officiate.

In Lieu of Flowers, memorial contributions may be made to: Alzheimer's Association, 1850 York Road, Suite D, Timonium, MD 21093 (or) Susan G. Komen for the Cure, ATTN: Donor Services, PO BOX 650309, Dallas, TX 75265-0309.

Attachments

• Patrick Allen Richards.jpg
      Patrick Allen Richards.jpg
      15.4 KB · Views: 285

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    This is terrible....Its hard for me to picture someone with such experience having his barrel pointed towards himself with a possible misfire......Thats a scary and horrible thought.......

dwb1987

Mar 6, 2013
    Frederick County
    This is terrible....Its hard for me to picture someone with such experience having his barrel pointed towards himself with a possible misfire......Thats a scary and horrible thought.......

Unfortunately it only takes one moment of not following the basic safety rules to make an error. In a previous life I was the assistant manager of a public shooting range. Of all the negligent discharges that occurred during my time there, all of them were done by experienced people (idpa, reholstering a hot gun). Only deaths were two suicides thankfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom