• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aero stuff is good. I went low buck with the below posted a few pages back. Its sort of a odd duck combo of parts but its complete and tested and I see a great light weight build on a pre FSA lower I have.

attachment.php

Im on the fence on a Wolf Grendel set-up. JG has them on sale (not hugely discounted) but doesn't have free shipping. Not exactly a door buster but a good price and a fine use of a post FSA lower.

http://www.jgsales.com/wolf-wpa-m4-...th-bcg-and-charging-handle,-new.-p-94750.html

Leaning towards the CZ50s or the CZ527.

Must be nice to live in Free America! I remember those days stationed in Virginia and Florida.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If you can swing it I would jump on it honestly..

Found out it’s actually the same CZ/Silencerco edition (oil rub stock with laser engraved Silencerco logo not sure if the barrels are serialized to the action as well) but without the vortex/CZ rings, SiCo sparrow can, and CZ/SiCo gun bag. (Which is sold out now). Kentucky Gun Co had CZ do another run without the add-on’s (due to popular demand) and not sure they will do another run after this but who knows

Also the ad is incorrect they are not 20.5” barrels they are actually 17” which I much preferred since a suppressor will add another 5” of length, a 20.5” barrel would be my preferred if I was not going to suppress it, but then again I would not be buying this model anyhow

I called CZ USA asking why they offer the nice walnut stock Varmint (bull barrel) in Europe with a threaded barrel but not here stateside. They said there is not enough demand here (yet they make the tactical threaded?? Lol). Rep said they had no plans to make a walnut variant with a bull barrel come threaded.

I plan on using the 17hmr barrel mostly as I’m already building a 10/22 this winter. I just like having the option of the .22 barrel to swap at anytime. I’ll order the DIP pic rail and a Hawk scope sometime today and wait for the Silencer Shop cyber Monday sale where they hinted about various discounted rimfire cans and then I’m permanently hiding my wallet

Here’s a video showing the actual model for the BF sale it’s around the half way mark ...

Well, I didn't last the day. You had to use videos.

I had been saving for a couple of CZ 452 Americans, one used locally and one new from Damascus Gun, so will forgo the one from Damascus Gun.

The online ad at Kentucky Gun noted the correct 17-inch barrel length and the SilencerCo mark (below the pistol grip, so discreet). I figured CZ would have pulled aside nicer stocks for this series.

Already have a 4-16x Weaver Grand Slam scope to mount on it, just need to order some rings. That bag they sold with the whole package was pretty cool. Going to like this short overall length.

I'll probably get the 22 WMR barrel in the future.

Please don't update about any SilencerCo sales on Monday, lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Well, I didn't last the day. You had to use videos.

I had been saving for a couple of CZ 452 Americans, one used locally and one new from Damascus Gun, so will forgo the one from Damascus Gun.

The online ad at Kentucky Gun noted the correct 17-inch barrel length and the SilencerCo mark (below the pistol grip, so discreet). I figured CZ would have pulled aside nicer stocks for this series.

Already have a 4-16x Weaver Grand Slam scope to mount on it, just need to order some rings. That bag they sold with the whole package was pretty cool. Going to like this short overall length.

I'll probably get the 22 WMR barrel in the future.

Please don't update about any SilencerCo sales on Monday, lol.

That’s awesome congrats! I honestly think these could be pretty sought after if they only do this last run. As with all things everyone wants something when it’s no longer available/sold out. I saw some redicoulous special edition (boyscott) Ruger 10/22 rifles recently sell for $1200-1500+ after selling out. They were $400 or so prior

I am getting ready to grab a 4-16x50 Hawke and then on to find some good low profile rings but have to check the CZ fitment thread where many posted their results with different scope/ring combos, apparently the bolt is harder to clear with certain variations.
    Then checking around to see if anyone is running a deal on mags and pick up one of each in 17 and 22..
    Definitely post up some pictures with the scope installed

Attachments

• 3323149B-BD97-4727-9473-30392ECD41C6.jpg
      3323149B-BD97-4727-9473-30392ECD41C6.jpg
      105.9 KB · Views: 363
    • 68ED4575-5559-432F-9041-B4A628FCD249.jpg
      68ED4575-5559-432F-9041-B4A628FCD249.jpg
      108.4 KB · Views: 355

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    For anyone looking to grab a few things from the sig site or grab a ALG Trigger (Monday)

Attachments

• 3106EFC8-5229-4D97-8ED8-358407D44B36.jpg
      3106EFC8-5229-4D97-8ED8-358407D44B36.jpg
      49.5 KB · Views: 365
    • 29C39E23-C608-4C52-B4ED-87CA3631E6EF.jpg
      29C39E23-C608-4C52-B4ED-87CA3631E6EF.jpg
      64.4 KB · Views: 359

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That’s awesome congrats! I honestly think these could be pretty sought after if they only do this last run. As with all things everyone wants something when it’s no longer available/sold out. I saw some redicoulous special edition (boyscott) Ruger 10/22 rifles recently sell for $1200-1500+ after selling out. They were $400 or so prior

I am getting ready to grab a 4-16x50 Hawke and then on to find some good low profile rings but have to check the CZ fitment thread where many posted their results with different scope/ring combos, apparently the bolt is harder to clear with certain variations.
    Then checking around to see if anyone is running a deal on mags and pick up one of each in 17 and 22..
    Definitely post up some pictures with the scope installed

Both feet in now. I went to the CZ USA online store to look for 1-inch scope rings for the 11mm mount, and while the ones that I wanted were out of stock, the entire store’s inventory is 20% with the coupon “SAVE20”. Both 22 WMR barrels for the Varmint (and one for the American, which also work) were available, so I got the fluted one. Hit the free shipping threshold too. :)

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Both feet in now. I went to the CZ USA online store to look for 1-inch scope rings for the 11mm mount, and while the ones that I wanted were out of stock, the entire store’s inventory is 20% with the coupon “SAVE20”. Both 22 WMR barrels for the Varmint (and one for the American, which also work) were available, so I got the fluted one. Hit the free shipping threshold too. :)

Nice! When I get home I’ll hop on there and grab a few things before that 20% off expires. Once I get a can on the end of this thing I have no doubt it will be the most fun to cost ratio of all my guns. I will probably grab a bunch of the $9.99 hornady .17hmr from Cabela’s with my $15-20 off coupon, totally forgot to grab 5-6 of them when I was there Wednesday but managed to get that 1625rd ammo can (.22lr) for $50ish after coupons and discounted GC’s

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

I think you did very well. If I wasn't stretched on other things I ordered I probably would have jumped for this and JG Sales 527 too.

So many toys so little time!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I think you did very well. If I wasn't stretched on other things I ordered I probably would have jumped for this and JG Sales 527 too.

So many toys so little time!

Agreed!

I ran into some extra funds this past month so the timing was fortunate.

I'm still planning on getting the Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39 at some point. It's widely available, and the price had been the same since release - so I'm in no hurry. I already picked up a muzzle brake for it.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Agreed!

I ran into some extra funds this past month so the timing was fortunate.

I'm still planning on getting the Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39 at some point. It's widely available, and the price had been the same since release - so I'm in no hurry. I already picked up a muzzle brake for it.

On the plus side Ill be building ARs for the next 6 years! Jeez so many cheap parts.

Ill probably regret it but I went round and round on this one and even put one in my cart. But I don't see a suppressor in my future and I know there is a sweet little CZ scout at the LGS for a lot less (about half) in nice walnut with a youth stock with iron sights that would meet my immediate needs so much more.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Not sure if I posted this one from talon grips for Cyber Monday only

Attachments

• 167DED03-E4D8-4532-96BD-AF412FA9B80F.jpg
      167DED03-E4D8-4532-96BD-AF412FA9B80F.jpg
      73.2 KB · Views: 328

Radio_Flyer

Jun 18, 2015
    fidelity, picked up my Ruger American Ranch in 7.62x39 down in VA from a local gun shop that has always treated me well, it was his last one, got it for $389. It is a great shooter, very little recoil, dead on accurate with a cheapie scope and the Ruger muzzle break. No issues with Wolf ammo. I'm not a great shot, but taking out skeet clays at 200 yards with ease. I think you'll like it a lot. Only issue I have with it is the 5 round magazines, they are loose and have a tendency to sit high and interfere with the bolt. Picked up a 10 and 20 at the gun show to see if they work better. The cheap ProMags did not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom