• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I saw some questions about this models shooting characteristics. I finally got out with one today. I didn't have a lot of time with it and it was stinking hot.

The recoil is about the same of 308. Its not bad. Its a light rifle so, think that may be why its closer to my 308.

Action was smooth and it fed fine from the magazine. I still think Ruger could have done a little better with this plastic magazine but, it worked fine today.

I think accuracy is going to be very good. I only got to shoot a box of ammo today but, will be going back out soon to really see how it shoots.
    This target is shots 16-20, the first and only at 100yds today. First shot was low. Second shot was a bit high after scope adjustment. One more adjustment and it was close enough today. So, the four closest to the center of the targets are really the only ones I shot at 100yds with no adjustments. I was resting on my range bag on the front of my truck standing. So, I think it has a lot more in it.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I guess a picture would be nice. The group I actually shot measures 7/8 at 100yds. This is initial shots 16-20 through the rifle so, I expect it to tighten up.

Attachments

• IMG_7599.jpg
      IMG_7599.jpg
      59.6 KB · Views: 108
    Last edited:

ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    That rifle should be doing sub moa. Not sure if it's you or the rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Looks promising. What did you put on top?
    Those rifles seem to be a great value. What did you get it for?

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I shot my friends RPR in 6.5 and it had alot less recoil then my R700 in 308. I was surprised by how soft it shot.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Looks promising. What did you put on top?
    Those rifles seem to be a great value. What did you get it for?

It does look promising. I updated the picture and the 4 shot group is under an inch. Once I have time to setup and put more effort in it, I bet it tightens up.

I shot my friends RPR in 6.5 and it had alot less recoil then my R700 in 308. I was surprised by how soft it shot.

Its not bad at all. Easy to shoot. I had shot a 700 300blk suppressed before the RAR so, was tough to throw out a comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom