• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    Stay away from anything SIG except the 320 and maybe the SP2022. The P-series pistols (p226, p229 etc) are Right hand biased due to non-swappable mag release and decocking lever (The mag release on the SP022 is reverse able, but the slide release and decocker are not..... probably not the best option)

I’m 100% lefty and I own a P226, an SP2022 (and now a P365!).

Not once have I had a problem with either the mag releases, the decocker or the slide release on the P226 and SP2022.

There aren’t a whole lot of guns that are set up ambi. I’ve learned to use my middle finger on the mag release and my index finger on the decocker and slide release. It’s become habit.

I recently picked up by SILs M&P 9c that’s set up lefty and it bothered the hell out of me. I want all my guns to be set up the same, so it’s natural no matter what gun I pick up. Having some one way and more another is confusing. I don’t mind an ambi safety, but everything else on my guns is set up for a righty.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Another advantage of using the left index finger on the slide release and decocker is that now you know it is definitely not on the trigger.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Hello,

I am pretty new to shooting and firearms. I have been doing a lot of learning and making my list of potential purchases. I am left-handed and I know the gun community is more right-handed friendly than left. Looking for opinions of the items below. I have purchased the Springfield and the GSG (even though the GSG is not ambi. Also requesting conversation on recommendations for other potential guns.

Beretta 92x
    Beretta APX
    Canik TP9 SF Elite (not ambi)
    Canik TP9 SFX
    CZ Shadow 2 Black & Blue
    FN FNX45
    ✅ GSG Firefly
    HK VP9
    Sig Sauer Compact P229 or P320
    Sig Sauer P320 X-Five Legion
    ✅ Springfield Armory XD-M Elite
    Walther PK380
    Walther PPQ Q5 Match

You may wish to add the HK45 Tactical to that list. Full ambi on it and depending on the variant, it will come with the LEM trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom