• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    First the disclaimers :

Shoulder holsters are a niche item .
    Horizontal holsters , with double magazine holder on offside are a niche within a niche .
    I am not attempting to advocate shoulder holster as default general purpose holster . ( That would be a dead cow Pancake .)

" The Holster Store " of St Cloud Fla sells customer direct , primarily on the internet . They offer a full range of holsters , mostly of conventional design , mostly leather .

The service is quick ,and pricing is " reasonably decent " . In this instance , horizontal rig, Spider harness , with mag carrier was $109 . Not dirt cheap ,but lower end of The major brand names .

I've had this for a while , finally have opportunitie to give review .

Tbe anti- climatic part : Performs as expected , and does whatever can be expected of a leather horizontal shoulder rig .

The notable part : This was for a semi- obscure discontinued pistol . They offer all their holsters for a metric crap ton of different guns , same price,same ( short ) lead time . Right or left, brown or black no extra charge . Exotic finishes , very reasonable upcharge .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Does it work at all well without tie-downs?

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I made a specific trip to visit his store from Melbourne last year as I had purchased an IWB the year before... figured i'd pick something up while I was there. Owner couldn't be bothered with me. Rude... he lost any more busy from me... not that he'd care.

/threadjack

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    How is horizontal carry compatible with the don't sweep rule? Curiosity only.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Horizontal carry. Not vertical carry.

You shoot the guy behind you instead of your own foot.

I have a horizontal for a SiG p365 that works very well, especially when in a car a lot.

I have a vintage style vertical that holds an inverted S&W featherweight like the original Bullitt movie. I forget it's there under a suit jacket.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Regardless of the holster or pistol, always remember D.L.'s wisdom and you and those around you will be fine

download.jpeg

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Wearing a shelby cobra upside down from the 80s with a mod 36. Very comfortable. Wouldn’t wear a striker fired pistol that way, however. Bought another upside down from a board member for a colt cobra, 50 s vintage. Also very comfortable. They are excellent for house work. When vacuuming, the cord doesn’t get tangled and when you see a spider on the wall, you slowly reach for the gun as not to scare it and blast it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Leather holster w/ thumbreak to retain .l

Underneath jacket keeps if from flopping excessively .

I won't re-ignite the whole horizontal vs vertical debate .

In the past I have used upside down holsters . They seemed great . Until have the gun pop out from inertia , and go tumbling along the sidewalk . Convinced me to always have real retention .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    You mean tying down the gun in the holster? I’d like to know how the gun stays put...kydex?

No, I mean fastening the holster/mag carrier to one's belt. The necessary straps are sold separately, leading me to suspect that they are not necessary, just an added feature for stability.

The gun would stay put, unless it was one of those violent guns, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom